PDA

View Full Version : Getting everyone down for nap-advice please!

Dreamtree
08-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello!

I have 3 11 month olds starting in September and I am just looking for advice on the best way to start naptime. I have a naptime room-that is off of the main daycare room-my daycare is elf contained-but very open no separating door just curtains.

I know one of the girls falls fast asleep if i put her in the carrier for 5 minutes, but what about the other two?

I know if one cries a lot they go to nap first but what if the second one cries as well?

Any advice or past experiences would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Skysue
08-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Best advice is get them used to going down at the same time and hearing each others cries. It will take some time for all of them to adjust but trust me it will be worth it. I have 2 that nap together since they were 9 and 11 months old now when one cries it doesn't bother or even wake the other! They are 20 months and 18 months now!

I would also suggest napping them once a day for a 2 hours at least!

Good luck!

P.S since its on the same level as the play room have you thought about using a fan for white noise so it will block out other noises like a vacuum etc...

Dreamtree
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks skysue- I thought it would be just that-some crying and adjusting. I have soft child friendly music playing in the nap room-during sleep time :)

Thanks for your advice-I needed someone to confirm that their crying was a part of the adjustment!

How long do they cry for-10 minutes-20?
Thanks again!

Skysue
08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
It all depends on the child and there level of comfort! Some may cry for 20 minutes.
Give it 3 weeks and they will get the routine!

Thanks skysue- I thought it would be just that-some crying and adjusting. I have soft child friendly music playing in the nap room-during sleep time :)

Thanks for your advice-I needed someone to confirm that their crying was a part of the adjustment!

How long do they cry for-10 minutes-20?
Thanks again!

Dreamtree
08-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Great! Will do! Thanks so much Skysue for the support!

Katskids
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I also started with 3 11 month olds. They are all in pack and plays in the living room. After the first few days you will figure out who falls asleep first etc. I have one little one who does not self- soothe at home so he took the most work to get into a routine. After discussing this with his Mom, she was happy for me to let him cry it out for as long as it took! I used to put him to bed 30 minutes before the others. Now everyone goes at the same time and they all realize that I am not coming to get anyone until nap time is over so they sleep or rest quietly!

Dreamtree
08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Wow-this is so encouraging to hear! Thank you!