PDA

View Full Version : Runabout Questions

Spixie33
08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
HI
I am trying to decide whether to invest in a Runabout and I have read all the info online about them, gotten a quote etc but had a few questions to ask here to actual users....

How does the runabout handle in snow (i.e unplowed sidewalks in the morning)
and how easy is it to push or walk up and down sidewalks that have a bit of a higher curb?

Also....I am looking at the premium weather shield. How effective is the weather shield and how securely does it attach in case of high winds or blowing snow? I don't want to be chasing the weather cover down the street. Thanks

Emilys4Guppies
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello!

The Runabout's ability to handle snow is the main reason I opted for it instead of a Foundations Quad or the like. The front tire is 16" and the back tires are 18". They glide through the snow. The design is such that you can push down on the handle for the front wheel to elevate to go up a curb.

The weather sheild is very good quality. It fits like a sheet over the sunguard and protects against high winds and snow. It is thick plastic with ventilation holes and securely attaches to the stroller. It is not like the thin plastic weather shields you get for twin or single strollers from Sears, kwim? It's of a much higher quality.

I use my quint daily now. We walk 4 miles a day to the school and back, snow or sun! It's the best investment I've made into my daycare so far.

Spixie33
08-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Also...is it pretty easy to push a few kids even if they are 2 year olds weighing around 30 lbs?

zen39
08-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Spixie33,

I just got myself the runabout, it was from a friend who was retiring after 17 years in the business and the stroller itself is 5 years old and I'm loving it. I have a heavy 3 year old, 2 two year olds and a one year old in it and it's amazingly easy to push. I've even pushed the runabout with my 48 pound, 5 year old in it with the others when one of my daycare kids was absent (she wanted to try it out) and it was easy with her in it too. I can even push it along with one hand while holding my dogs leash in the other.

I got it because I was tired of pushing a double stroller and pulling a wagon behind me at the same time. Plus i live in Ottawa and wanted something for the snow. I make two daily treks to the bus for my own kids and wanted to make life easier.

I'm fortunate that i got this runabout at a good price, but now knowing what I do about it, I would pay the money for it new and would not be disappointed. Deal directly with roger berg, he is great. I've spoken with him already about some accessories...he's cheaper than buying local.

Spixie33
08-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks Zen. I just want to be sure before I make such a big investment since it is almost a month of my salary. Ahhhhh :eek: lol. I have emailed Roger Berg and he has sent me all the info and pricing for a quad one and it seems like everyone has positive things to say.
We also have to go to the bus stop twice a day and one of the worst things was Jan and feb last year with lots of snow on the sidewalk and howling winds and little kids crying because they were frozen. I really want something that goes through the snow easily and also provides a decent weather shield for the kids and hopefully protects them.
Thanks for your input. That helps reassure me

Emilys4Guppies
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Mine carries two 35lb 3yos, and 3 25-30lb 1yos. The seats are able to handle up to 50lbs. I push it easily! I'm very pleased with this purchase.