PDA

View Full Version : Potty training question...

SecondAve
07-22-2013, 02:03 PM
In the process of assisting in potty training for the first time. Had a bit of an incident at nap time, the incident makes sense but looking for advice on how to prevent it. Dck wears regular undies and protective undies on top during the day. At nap dck wears a diaper, pursuant to my policy. Went in when nap was over and dck had taken off the diaper and peed right on the cot. When questioned the child said they had to pee. At home child sleeps in undies and on a protective blanket. Not doing that here since the sleep area is carpeted. I get that the child most likely didn't want to pee in the diaper, but not sure how to address the issue with child and parent. The potty training progress has been fantastic, don't want any setbacks.

sunnydays
07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Could you put a potty right beside her cot and have her wear a pull-up so that if she needs to go, she can go in the potty and put the pull-up back on herself? I have a potty in my daughter's room for this reason...it's also a visual reminder that they should pee there instead of on the bed etc.

playfelt
07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Make sure you are checking on the kids in training and older kids who don't sleep as long as the others. Making them lay there awake for the last part of naptime just to make it equal two hours is a sure way to have them have an accident. Most have to pee right away when they wake up whether they have been asleep for one hour or two and can only lay there and hold it so long.