PDA

View Full Version : Comparison: Strollers

betsy
07-24-2013, 04:30 AM
I'm looking at 4-seater strollers, although 6-seater would be nice - just the possibility if I got 5 toddlers!

From what I see online, there are 3 popular brands: Foundations, Roundabout and Angeles Bye-bye buggy.

Please give your views comparing the three. The most important question is, is the roundabout's price worth it when compared with the other two.

Thanks

playfelt
07-24-2013, 07:22 AM
If you intend to be going for walks in the snow then for sure the roundabout is worth it.

Also realize that even if they are not all toddlers there may be days you want to just put them all in the stroller and go for a walk or need to go to library or playgroup or a park a distance away that involves being on a busy street and may like the added security of having the 2 year olds in the stroller too so spending the extra money and getting enough seating for all might be worth it. Also the resale value of the larger strollers is for sure there.

I have the foundations quad bought off a lady closing her daycare and while I like it the four seat issue has come up before as I only take kids till they start school so at any given time all 5 daycare kids could fit in it size and weight wise and yes some days would have been a lot easier just to load them all up and get to where we were going instead of taking too long to get there and back and wasting playtime at the park so to speak.

giraffe
07-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Runabout... I have had the others and I would only ever recommend a Runabout

CozyMama
07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
I have a quad Runabout, had it about 3 and 1/2 years. If it was stolen or destroyed somehow, I would buy a new one immediately! Used it for all ages from one year to five or six years - year round. Can be a little snug in the winter or with the older children, but just for getting in or out!

betsy
07-24-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm confused with the roundabout. There's the angeles roundabout, valcro roundabout and berg design roundabout. Are they the same?

ECE53
07-24-2013, 07:47 PM
If you are going to buy the runabout ( I really recommend them had one for over six years ) buy directly from Berg designs. He was very helpful to me and often has different promotions on. I would buy at least the five seater, I had a four seater and depending on my group, the extra seat would have been nice. I purchased mine for about 1800 at the time including some accessories and eventually sold it for $1100. So they do hold their value.

giraffe
07-25-2013, 07:08 AM
The angles Runabout is NOT made by berg designs. As ECE53 said, contact Roger Berg directly he will give you a better deal then the catalogs.

betsy
07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the clarification.

Regarding the Berg design - is that simple to operate, brake-wise?
I've got mild arthritis so I don't want the kind that needs a lot of squeezing.

giraffe
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I dont think I have ever used the brake. I just stop walking lol. Im sure there are many runabout owners in your area. We usually are very happy to let others test drive it.