PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

sunny4
07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
ive been doing daycare for many years, i do love my job. i had a parent come to me to ask if they could go to 2-3 days a week for financial reasons. i agreed, to help out. i took the first 2 weeks of the month off and they did pay me 3 days for the first week, my contract does say 2 weeks paid, i was back to work the 3rd week and i didnt hear from them, i have asked to pay me. I dont feel that i should loose money because they took an extra week, i had no idea they were not to be here, i feel i should be paid for 3 days my last week of holidays and for the week she was off as i was open.

playfelt
07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Assume your contract says two weeks paid vacation. Do you give parents any paid vacation days? If it is also two weeks then she is using one of your weeks plus the next one but yes should have told you.

Are they actually coming back would be my concern - it is like they just left if you haven't heard from them. Since they reduced the weeks for financial reasons they may have found cheaper care like grandma or no longer need care at all.

apples and bananas
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM
I think it depends on what your contract says as far as the client taking time off, how much and how much notice. I ask for 30 days notice for unpaid vacation ( I allow 1 week of them taking off per year) If I don't receive 30 days then they pay.

It sounds like they've bailed.

sunny4
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
they were here yesterday and r to be here tomorrow and friday as well. my contract says i get 2 weeks paid, if they take extra time its to be paid. i feel like she had the option to bring them last week but didnt,

sunnydays
07-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes, they owe you the money. Tell them they need to pay or their kids cannot attend care.