PDA

View Full Version : Ikea high chair

apples and bananas
08-01-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm in need of a new high chair or two. I haven't had babies in a while, and my old high chairs have been ruined in the basement.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the ikea high chairs. They look cheap, but I like that you buy the padding separate, so it's easy and cheap to replace if I need to. I also find normal high chairs a pain to remove the padding and wipe it down and then cleaning the padding is always a chore.

I also find them very cost efficient at 20 - 50 bucks a piece.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sassygirl
08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I am interested in the responses to this. I have all old duct taped highchairs here and have been looking at the Ikea chairs as well.

bright sparks
08-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I have the ikea high chairs. The white plastic ones and I wasn't aware that there was padding but in any case I wouldn't buy the padding for what its worth. If I had a really tiny one who had difficulty sitting up then that would be different. I love that they clean really well and are easy to store. I have 4 right now and I take the tray off all of them but one and stack them on top of each other, placing the rest of the trays on the top chair. I used to have different ones but found that they are big, bulky and a pain in the ass to clean, and I wouldn't have boosters at my dining table for fear of damage and I also wouldn't want to look at them day in day out. As soon as my daycare kids can sit on a regular chair at the table and eat, they are out of the high chair, usually around the 15/16 month mark.

momofnerds
08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I have 4 of them too. Mine are red and blue. I love mine. they stack great, take up less space. Easy to clean and are sturdy. I do have the padding that goes in the chair (I only have 1) but its for my little kids that come at a younger age, otherwise I don't use it at all.

Now I do find the trays are a bit hard to take off and the trays don't slide for snug fit (if thats what your looking for) but other than that they are great and really do recommend them. Mine are stacked in a corner.

Momof4
08-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I have a different system. I only use booster chairs and I have 4 or 5 at a time strapped to my dining room chairs. They are easy enough to remove and stack up if I need the table for the evening, but that doesn't happen often since my children are grown. So on Friday afternoon they get stored away and set up again on Monday morning and I get my home back for the weekend.

giraffe
08-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I use the ikea high chairs too. very happy with them and you can take them outside an hose them down when needed lol

apples and bananas
08-01-2013, 12:35 PM
How did I not know about these earlier???? I'm so excited!

yup, this is how my week is going. I just got super excited about buying new high chairs. lol

sunnydays
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I use Momof 4's system...all booster seats with trays here. They take up less space and are easy to remove if you don't need them. But then I have a separate daycare, so I never have to remove them or worry about damage as they stay on the chairs there.

apples and bananas
08-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I have booster chairs as well, but I don't have a big table, so I need to start the 12 month olds in a high chair for a few months until they learn not to throw the plates across the room. LOL I also like to have a high chair as I can not see my daycare space from my kitchen, so if I have new ones and little ones that I don't trust yet, I like to have them in the high chair in the kitchen with me.

My big high chairs are such a pain to move between rooms and I hate storing them, they're so big! And super hard to clean.

Thanks for the suggestions. I know where I'm going this weekend.

momofnerds
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
I get excited when I buy a new vacuum. gosh, what has my life become lol!!

bright sparks
08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Because the ikea highchairs stack, they really can't be beaten in terms of taking up the least space to store compared to any other highchair or booster that I have come across. In addition to that, if you find that you have an older group and don't need the highchairs out for an extended period of time, then the legs come off so even smaller to store easily.

momofnerds...I have only ever seen the white ones. When did you purchase yours? I`d love it if they weren`t white and that way the spaghetti sauce stains wouldn`t show, although they never last as they are washed down so frequently they are always gone after a few days.

treeholm
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
I have four of them. I only have the padding for an infant. I love them. Easy to clean, and every day after snack, I take off the trays and stack them in a corner. My eating area turns back into an adult eating area LOL

Robyn
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
There is an Ikea highchair that folds flat!!!!!! I have it and LOVE it!! it was a little more than the other ones but I can fold this one down and stick it in a cupboard or under the couch if need be! Also the cover comes off and you can toss it in the wash! I will be buying another one in September when my new baby is starting!

apples and bananas
08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I saw the one that folds flat too. I decided on the cheapies and I love them! I can't believe I went this long without them.

On a side note I also have an ikea foldable change table, it's fantastic! I got it on kijiji cheap and it's amazing. I can fold it and slide it behind the couch and not think about it again until Monday.

momofnerds
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I saw the one that folds flat too. I decided on the cheapies and I love them! I can't believe I went this long without them.

On a side note I also have an ikea foldable change table, it's fantastic! I got it on kijiji cheap and it's amazing. I can fold it and slide it behind the couch and not think about it again until Monday.

did you get the colored ones. Another provider I know has only the white ones and she hates them because pasta stains them.

apples and bananas
08-07-2013, 01:04 PM
did you get the colored ones. Another provider I know has only the white ones and she hates them because pasta stains them.

they only had the white ones. I would have loved some colour. I rarely serve pasta sauce for that exact reason. LOL

momofnerds
08-07-2013, 01:55 PM
hmm, I wonder if they only sell them colored in the states thats where I buy mine.