PDA

View Full Version : Newbie... day 3... oh the screaming!

apples and bananas
08-13-2013, 08:16 AM
I HATE transitioning new ones! I wish they just came ready for care and happy to see me. LOL

My new one is on day 3. Today we've hit the stage where she cries every time I walk into the room.

What does everyone do for non walkers outside. My back yard is really wet this morning. And even when it's not wet I always worry about their poor little knees getting worn crawling all over the grass and patio. Any suggestions?

playfelt
08-13-2013, 08:43 AM
We don't go out. Or put lined splash pants on them. I have used the exersaucer or a playpen on my deck for non walkers. I also sit on the swing we have and hold them on my lap as much as I can.

I wait till the end of the day to go out and the dew and dampness has worn off by then on a normal day. I only have under threes so we can be just as active if not more so in the house than outside so I don't worry about it.

Crayola kiddies
08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
All mine are under three also except one who is leaving at the end of the month for Jk and we go out almost daily and the parents bring rubber boots and splash pants. For the non walkers I ask that the splash pants have elastic at the ankle so I can pull it over the rubber boot so they don't come off while crawling.

sunnydays
08-13-2013, 12:12 PM
In spinrg/fall I put splash pants on them and let them crawl around. At this time of yeat it's a but hot out for splash pants usually, so I just let them crawl in their shorts/pants. Parents know not to send them in anyhing they don't want to get dirty. Most parents are just happy that I am getting them outside and the baby is getting to explore outside. It's usually a short phase until they learn to walk.

Skysue
08-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I lay out a big blanket with fun toys, pots and pans, measuring cups, bee band instruments.