PDA

View Full Version : Poop Machine!

JennJubie
08-19-2013, 03:12 PM
So I have this 13 month old dcb, and he poops AT LEAST twice a day while he's here, and probably about two more times at home. I've had him poop four times a day here and it's not a rare thing. The consistency of the poops isn't runny, it's actually pretty normal, but the smell!!!!!! :blink: I'm wondering if this could be a food allergy? I'm not sensitive when it comes to poop, but these are paint peelers!

playfelt
08-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Probably related to the amount of fresh fruit, legumes, whole wheat products, etc the parents are serving. It can be very hard on a child's system.

Some kids are just like that which I know isn't helpful but at the same time a child that does have an allergy can have smelly poops.

I would mention it to mom and see how often child poops at home and if the smell is normal or unusual for them.

mimi
08-19-2013, 04:54 PM
My 17 month dcb was the same way. He actually was pooping about 4-5 times a day. If something went in then something came out. His poops were normal, sometimes just a bit and sometimes yikes and fragrant. He is now less frequent, about 2-3 times. So with age comes the need for less frequent bms. I find by 21/2 they are down to one, in my experience.

Momof4
08-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I had a little boy like that, poop in every single diaper every single day and they were TOXIC! It lasted for over a year until he turned 2 then it slowed down. By the time he turned 3 he was only pooping at night and I rarely had one at daycare. May the daycare gods do that for you JennJubie, my fingers are crossed!

I don't serve the children anything spicy, a good balanced diet of all foods, but his Mom is the fast food type so he got the KD & McD's type foods at home. Who knows?

JennJubie
08-20-2013, 07:19 AM
As far as I know, he eats pretty well at home, too. His parents are really great, and Mom has even expressed concern over how much he poops. At his one year visit, he was under weight. He passes gas like crazy, too. I was wondering if it could be milk intolerance/allergy?

playfelt
08-20-2013, 07:41 AM
That does sound like there could be an issue doesn't it. Gluten issues would have a similar effect.

Sassygirl
08-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I have one here too. Shes the tiniest little thing... 14 months old but MAN does she stink! She poops 4-5 times a day here. Perhaps its because shes still on formula? We eat a very healthy mostly organic diet here so thats probably it. Parents serve lots of processed quick stuff. I feel your pain! Get one of those masks from the Doctors office hehe :-)

Momof4
08-20-2013, 10:12 AM
I had a little boy who I'm sure had food allergies but the parents would not do anything about it. They are terminated because I gave up! But we're talking about up the back, down the legs constant diarrhea. Is that the kind of poop you are talking about? I felt bad for the little guy, but I can only do so much to feed the children healthy foods here. The parents have to take the responsiblity to make sure their children are healthy in every other way, including figuring out if there are food allergies. Lactose, nuts, gluten, eggs, kiwi, strawberries, those are the usual starting places.

Fun&care
08-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I had one exactly like this. From day one I suspected it was related to milk...she drank 2 8 ounce bottles per day, and it was always after she drank milk that she pooped. Eventually I suggested to the parents that we cut down on her milk to one bottle per day since I thought it might be interfering with eating ( she's a picky eater)...it has improved soooo much. We are down to 1-2 poops per day now, and her diaper rashes are much less frequent. I find that parents just give way too much milk sometimes... I never did because my kids were allergic, and they are great eaters, those who fill up on milk all day however are always the picky eaters...

JennJubie
08-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes, he's had blow outs here. Quite a few, and they're of the "all over the playpen" variety. Once it was all over my carpet. Just ooozed out the the sides of his diaper because it was a giagantic poop. And yes, parents give him a lot of milk, which is why I suspected milk allergy. She brings milk for him, and asks that he gets 2 servings here, and she gives 2 servings at home, and she wants me to give him 6 ounces at a time! I talked to her about it just the other day, and she agreed with me about cutting down his milk intake here, because it seems like hes always pooping right after he has milk.

torontokids
08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Dr's recommenced no more then 16-20 oz per day. Explain to mom how too much milk leads to irons deficiencies and poor diet.