PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Questions...

kh1214
08-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Hello,

I am starting a daycare and hoping to be fully operational this September. I contacted my insurance company to inform of this and they were not pleased even though they do offer coverage for up to 4 children. I want to care for 5 children so I am looking into getting new insurance. Has anyone else had problems with getting coverage for their daycare? Also I did not know that it seems the insurance company includes your own children into the number of children you care for so if you have 2 kids you can only take on 3 daycare kids. I was not aware of this and do not know why they would be included. If anyone has any insight or experiences with this subject I would love to hear about it!

Sarah
08-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I just got insurance and after a long search, found one that agreed for 5 children "not including" my own. It's State farm insurance.

All the other insurance companies were insuring 5 including my kids. I have 3 so I would have been insured only for 2 dck.

There is also Desjardins that offers 5, but probably not available in your area.

Good luck!

zen39
08-13-2011, 01:25 PM
cooperators insurance will cover 5 kids not including your own as well. Right now I'm currently with RBC insurance and they will cover me for 4 dk not including my own two...but insurance companies will vary their coverage on person to person. it will depend on geography, number of own children etc...

dragonlady3
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I have found that Cooperators has been most inclusive...and they will cover you if you have an assistant. This is something the Prov. of Ontario has told child care providers wasn't available.

sunnydays
08-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Cooperators is quite expensive and so I found that Aviva would cover 5 plus my own and they are much cheaper.

dragonlady3
08-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Good to know. I will look into Aviva. Thanks...a penny saved...!!

kh1214
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you for all the responses this has been very helpful!