PDA

View Full Version : Scholastic book club

zen39
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I was just wondering if any private home daycares do the scholastic book club. I thought I've seen some websites of some unlicensed daycares that offer this, but I was informed by scholastic that they need a copy of my license. Just thought I would check with others...thanks!

Play and Learn
08-17-2011, 04:35 PM
I go through my mom who's a teacher (well, a supply teacher now...)!

mlc1982
08-17-2011, 11:31 PM
That would be great if we could have access to the book program without being licensed.

mom-in-alberta
08-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Haven't thought about it myself.... but I would be interested to find out what you learn?? :)

zen39
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Here is the response I received back from scholastic:

School marketing restrictions on many of the books we offer do not allow us to accept orders from home addresses. For daycare providers we request a copy of their license to be eligible for Book Clubs. Since you have mentioned that you are a private unlicensed home daycare we unfortunately can only provide access to our Classroom Essentials Catalogue. You may view the catalogue online at http://scholastic.ca/clubs/cec/. If you are interested in having an account created please provide us with your home address and phone number.

I checked out the catalogue and it has an Early Childhood section with various learning tools (posters, books).

agesandstagesdaycare
08-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Yup. I'm registered as a business and I sent them a letter with my BIN on it. They send me all thje catalogues and I get discounts from them. I LOVE scholastic! :)

Whoops! I'm in Canada. Perhaps the rules are different here..

zen39
08-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Yup. I'm registered as a business and I sent them a letter with my BIN on it. They send me all thje catalogues and I get discounts from them. I LOVE scholastic! :)

Whoops! I'm in Canada. Perhaps the rules are different here..

Thanks agesandstages, I'm in Ontario...and I actually just got another response from scholastic today saying they will accept a copy of a license or registration...which is the BIN you mentioned...somethin g to definitely consider, because I love scholastic too and I do like the advantage of not having to give out my SIN to parents as you or someone else had mentioned.