PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on subsidy!!!

lena
08-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone, I have a private client that told me about her aplying for childcare subsidy. Do I have to work trough an agency to be able to keep this client? Does anyone have experience with this ? i would appreciate your knowlege :). Thanks.

Judy Trickett
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Are you in Ontario?? If so, then yes, you have to be with an agency to take subsidy clients.

Personally, I wouldn't take a subsidy client. I don't like potential money problems with parents. And, I think people who have kids should pay for them.

lena
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you!
yes i am in ontario, i am a bit hesitante about continuing with this client, considering they started just about a month ago and just now mom mentioned about her intentions.nothing was mentioned at interview...she agreed on the daily rate.
i had a client in the past through the agency that was subsidized and the pay wasen't much $ 27 full day :( by agreeing to go ahead with this subsidy plan i will be loosing $ 7 a day. Not Fair!!! the benefit is for the parents, because provider has the same work and same hours for LESS MONEY!!!!

I MUST SAY ....i admire your comments. Thank YOU for your Honesty.
More people should be like you:)

mom-in-alberta
08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I am in Alberta (obviously) and you must be licensed and (as far as I know) working with an agency in order for your parents to qualify for and receive a subsidy. That is why, in my area, these facilities tend to be more expensive than private care.