PDA

View Full Version : I should have gone straight home!

mimi
09-23-2013, 09:36 AM
I had my hair cut on Saturday. It was also raining hard for most of the day. Since my hairdresser was running late and since it was pouring out, I told her I would go home with my hair wet and also save the expense of a blow dry.
Of course, I had the bright idea to just make one stop at a local independent shoe store that was having a big sale. Just in and out I thought to see what they have.
Yeah right!
I approach the store and there standing in the entrance way outside is a former dcd and my former dck's who I haven't seen in 11/2 years. Of course I was also wearing my grubby clothes, so the look on dcd's face was priceless as we made eye contact. I briefly explained laughingly (as I was cringing on the inside) that I just came from the hairdresser blah blah blah. I was talking to the kids and then dcm came out of the store. "oh......is it raining that hard?" I explain again about the hairdresser as she looks me over.
We are chatting about how big the kids have gotten when I hear "HELLO!" I turned to see current clients with their dcg approach. I make introductions all the while trying to smooth my dripping hair away from my face. I AGAIN have to explain about the hairdresser blah blah blah and of course current dcm tries to make me feel better by saying she goes out all the time looking like hell and always runs into people she knows too. Oh, that made me feel so much better.
I said my good byes and went home......I don't need shoes that bad.

SongSparrow
09-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Aw, I have been there....more than once lol. I am not one to get "done up" to go to the store, but I do try and have clean, neat clothes and hair. But at least once a month I will go to get out of the van at the store parking lot and look down at myself and cringe....and hope I don't see anyone I know!

Fun&care
09-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Poor you! That sucks! I ate when that happens. If only we could just look AWESOME all the time.:laugh:

treeholm
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
The one time I tried to get away with looking slobby (son's seven am Saturday hockey game) I thought I could quickly dash into the grocery store to get milk... Ended up on the local news, because Walter Gretzky was in the store advertising cereal, and they were waiting for a family to come in to interview... My son, in hockey gear, made us the perfect family... I will never forget it... Don't even think I combed my hair when I got up...

mimi
09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
OMG treeholm!!! Now that's embarrassing :woot:

daycaremom9
09-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I always seem to run into someone I know when I'm a mess!

Momof4
09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the giggles mimi & treeholm, sorry I laughed. I'm sure you can laugh now that it's over. My kids always laughed at me for making sure I put my makeup on before going outside, but you guys are the living proof!

playfelt
09-23-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm sure we will all be taking a quick gander at ourselves before we head out the door even if it is to walk down the street to get the mail.

betsy
09-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Talk about meeting former daycare clients! Last Friday - I bumped into two dcmoms, hubby saw and chatted with a former dcdad while waiting for me outside the grocery store! That's three families! Meeting them within a span of an hour! We're talking at least 5 years without seeing any of them!

Well, it was Friday and just got off from nanny-ing....so I imagine I looked like a refugee! :D

The first dcmom approached me and re-introduced herself, asking if I still do daycare! Of course I informed her about opening one next year. She's re-married (introduced me to new hubby), and they got a two year old...and hubby said they hope that I'd take care of their little one too. We exchanged phone numbers.