PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board?

agesandstagesdaycare
02-14-2011, 07:49 AM
I want to put up a bulletin board of some sort for the theme of the week. However, I'm not sure what to get. I want something that looks attractive and will hold up. Any ideas?

thanks,
A

Emilys4Guppies
02-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I just went to Staples and purchased their largest cork board with a wooden frame. I painted the frame and print off decorative borders to staple onto the board.

Sarah A
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
I use a large cork board too. I went to Scholar's Choice and bought different borders to put around it. I also have a white wipe board that I use to put the Themes of the month on as it's always changing.

agesandstagesdaycare
02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the advice! :)

My Home
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
I've made mine with cork tiles(purchased at HW store) glued onto thick pieces of cardboard. Secured to the wall and then framed with baseboard. I was able to make it as big as I needed.
I've also seen bulletin boards made with ceiling tiles secured to the wall .....

playfelt
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I was using a piece of coroplast - you can get various sizes right up to 4x8' at home depot. It is the same stuff that real estate signs and science presentation boards are made of. What I liked was it was plastic so I could just tape stuff on. It is very lightweight too. Took it down to paint and haven't decided to put it back up, get something bigger/smaller/different/ undecided.

canadianjule
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I bought the biggest one I could get at Staples. The neat thing about it is that even though it is a cork board it is also magnetic. I thought that would be kind of neat to have both features.

Mrs. Laurie
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I also have a cork board that I use bulletin board sets from Scholar's choice and borders but I also like to use wrapping paper as a background just for a different look.