PDA

View Full Version : Amazing new product!

Skysue
08-20-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.coverplayard.com/How_To_Video.php

playfelt
08-20-2011, 10:26 PM
What a great idea. Was a little hard to tell if the sides were solid or if they were still mesh making them breathable. Either way it would also make it harder for kids to lay and look at each other even while in the same room. Now if they could just include a way to keep those velcro tabs actually done up on the bottom of the playpen without adding extra velcro and tape that would be nice.

KingstonMom
08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
a great idea for sure. i got a playpen for free from a friend and it is in fugly shape! I have never used it because the first time i opened it up, a DIRTY band-aid fell out!! NASSSTTTYYY!!!
so needless to say, my child, nor ANY OTHER child will be put in it.
Its impossible to wash the fabric on it so a slip cover thingy like this would be ideal.
In the meantime, it stays in the basement..... ;)

Skysue
08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
a great idea for sure. i got a playpen for free from a friend and it is in fugly shape! I have never used it because the first time i opened it up, a DIRTY band-aid fell out!! NASSSTTTYYY!!!
so needless to say, my child, nor ANY OTHER child will be put in it.
Its impossible to wash the fabric on it so a slip cover thingy like this would be ideal.
In the meantime, it stays in the basement..... ;)

The best way to disenfect is with straight hydrogen peroxed, before use if ever you need to!

mom-in-alberta
08-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Interesting.... has anyone used this yet?
Seems to me like it may be a little too loose, and therefore something to be picked at and played with? Not so much a safety hazard, but a distracting thing to be stretched out/chewed on, etc. However I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of being able to wash and sterilize the entire playpen surface!!!

On a side note: dirty band aid?? Ewwwwww. :eek:

playfelt
08-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I have heard of people taking them outside and scrubbing them down and hosing them off since they are basically that ripstop nylon - mattress pad excepted. Good idea for summer but not so good for winter.

I think the fact it is tied on at the legs it is likely safer than it looks although safety experts would tell you otherwise. A plain colour would be more soothing but at the same time a child that will lay there and look at dancing bears on the walls might just lay there long enough to fall asleep too. I am very interested in trying one so if anyone does please post likes and dislikes and what you would do differently. In theory they don't look that hard to make and especially if you get your fabric when fabricland has a buy one get two sale or something.

Skysue
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.onestepahead.com/pwr/product-reviews/4815/One-Step-Ahead/Travel-Gear/Bouncers-Swings-Playyards/Coverplay/p/14322-Coverplay-Play-Yard-Cover.html

I want one too!