PDA

View Full Version : Screeching

torontokids
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
My three little ones have started the dreaded screeching for fun/attention. I have found ignoring it is most successful when it is just one doing it but once all three start doing it and sharing a giggle as well I find ignoring is futile as they get all the attention they need from each other. I usually tell them "no screaming" and try to get them into an activity/separate from each other. Other ideas?

sunnydays
10-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh the dreaded screeching in stereo...I feel your pain! I have found distraction to work best...singing song works well because they have to stop screeching in order to sing...and hopefully forget how much fun screeching was because singing is better ;)

5 Little Monkeys
10-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I just did this today and it worked well.......for a bit lol.

The girls were running around and getting screechy. After numerous "inside voices please", "that's an outside game", "girls, I don't like that game anymore" I was fed up. I have radio/music stations on my tv with just audio, no picture so I turned it to "the spa" channel which plays calming/relaxing music. This quieted them down!!! I will try it again and see if it works like it did today :)