PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in the Ottawa area feel the earthquake?

canadianjule
08-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I was just sitting here enjoying the quiet of nap time and my bed starting shaking and the pictures on my wall when I realized that we were having an earthquake.

Did anyone else feel anything?

Just another question - at what point would you actually wake up the napping daycare kids and take them to safety?

Most of our earthquakes don't last very long and are not very powerful but I guess you just never know.

Play and Learn
08-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Def did NOT feel the earthquake....mind you we're in Kemptville....

If there's warnings on TV, I would carefully watch that and the weather outside to then wake the little ones from nap. Not waking them unless absolutely necessary!

playfelt
08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Felt it here (Orleans). There was a definite centrifuge forming in my tea cup. I was checking emails when it felt like the room was spinning like I was going to pass out. When I stopped very still I realized it wasn't me it was everything around me. Lasted only a few minutes. Apparantly the centre was down in Virginia.

We had an earthquake last summer that was much closer and more noticeable both in movement and sound. Kids were napping then too and I wondered the same question as well as what was better - do you go to the basement or the front lawn. I know it depends on what else is around you.