PDA

View Full Version : Selling off Daycare Items

Bookworm
10-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Hello Ladies!

I have decided to close down my daycare at the end of November. My parents are all being notified this week. So, now I'm thinking about selling all the stuff off that I no longer need. My question is, how is the best way to go about it? I was thinking of putting an ad up on kijiji saying that I'm closing down my daycare etc, however, I was wondering if I should just sell things piece by piece through email, or have people schedule times to check out everything I have for sale so that they can see and buy more than one thing?
What do you ladies prefer, or is there an easier way to do this? Obviously there are some things that can not be sold until the daycare is officially closed, but I can start getting rid of the stuff that is not used all the time.

I am in the Niagara Region if anyone is interested.

dodge__driver11
10-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh bookworm I hope that your new adventure in life goes well, and that it'll make you as happy as ever. Not to hyjack your thread, but I am going through and purching my things as well as DS's and would like some tips too?

All the best,

Dodge!

Bookworm
10-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank you Dodge.

Artsand crafts
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I sent you a pm

5 Little Monkeys
10-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I have bought things from a couple people who were closing up their daycares and one had all her stuff in the garage and we came when it was a good time for her. Sorta like a garage sale with appointments. Another lady I bought from posted pics of her bigger items and told us we could pick them up when she was officially closed.

If it were me, I would do a combination of the above. I would start gathering up things that are no longer needed or played with and would put them in a space(like a spare room or garage) and do the garage sale by appointment thing. Then I would either post pics of the larger items or invite people to come by and look at what I had and mark down who wanted what and let them know when they can pick up. I would also offer it to my parents as well and ask them to spread the word to friends and family.

Good luck in your new adventure!!

mickyc
10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
When I was opening up my daycare there was a lady who was closing her daycare down after 30 years. She did 24 hour care/7 days a week and her house was full and I mean full! Not sure where the kids even played for all the stuff she had lol. Anyways, what we did is I made a list of things as we went along that I was interested in, when we were all finished she told me she wanted approx. $600 for everything I had picked out. I offered her $500 and that is what we settled on. We loaded up the back seat of our truck, the box of the truck and the trailer we brought as well (I took majority of her outdoor toys). We didn't even make a dint in all the stuff she had.

giraffe
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Bookworm... Do you have a big stroller to sell?

Lou
10-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Pm'd you as well!

Bookworm
10-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Giraffe, I have a 5 seater choo choo wagon, no stroller.

Lou, I didn't receive your PM. Could you send it again?

martymonty
10-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I pm'd you as well

bright sparks
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I pm'd you bookworm, I believe I am local to you and I'd be interested in the 5 seater choo choo....what would you say is the maximum age that you put in when it is fully loaded...I would just be a little nervous about how it would effect my shoulders and back pulling it, but I'm still very interested.

mamabearto3
10-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I pm'd u as well! wondering how far u r from me?

Artsand crafts
10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
You could also list the main items you want to sell in this forum and maybe tell people what city you are in so you can attract the ones closer to you. If I were close to you I would be interested in looking at your items. Good luck!