PDA

View Full Version : Hiring an assistant/helper?

FS2011
08-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Anyone ever done this and found success? I'm considering an occasional helper. My neighbor has offered to work for pennies basically in exchange for paying for her to get a few courses done she need for working in an in home licenses daycare. I'm ok with this expect she's done daycare in the past and I think I might be used for my helping her...then again I'm kind of using her for my own benefit right?
Business and friendship don't work, I'm sure it would be a huge mess later on. I'm thinking a complete stranger might be better but then again it's my home, my business...will it help balance some of my time or make it harder to juggle guiding another adult into my daycare life?

mom-in-alberta
08-27-2011, 02:39 AM
I have often thought about hiring a helper. I haven't yet simply because I can't set up my dayhome the way I would like until our family moves out of our basement, lol.
I would enter into it carefully, since it's a friend/neighbor. Should things go sour.... awkward!! But it could be beneficial to the both of you, as you get an extra pair of hands and eyes (and who doesn't need that??) and she gets the experience she needs also. Perhaps if you can go into the deal without "depending" on her, necessarily. That way if she leaves, you aren't left high and dry expecting certain things?