PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor space

Cassandra2013
11-20-2013, 09:49 AM
First off I'm so sorry to be posting so many questions!! I live in a town house that has a store in the front of it but it doesn't have outdoor space. I just wondering if it is even possible to open a daycare without outdoor space. It also has no kitchen it is upstairs. It has a washroom. Lastly what ages does everyone have do u vary ages or all one age? Thanks so much for all your help and support you are all so amazing and I'm so happy to have found this site!

playfelt
11-20-2013, 10:03 AM
While most things you can work around such as setting up a mini kitchen with microwave, toaster oven, bar size fridge, etc. You will still need to have a sink that is separate from your bathroom. It will be hard to attract clients without the basics of a home available.

As to the outdoor space, take a walk around your neighbourhood and take pictures of any park play area you can walk to. Have a plan in mind - wagon, multichild stroller, etc for how you will get there.

mimi
11-20-2013, 11:18 AM
My kitchen is upstairs and that is where the children eat. It makes a nice change from being downstairs all the time. Yes, take the kids for walks and look for any green space that the kids could play on. I live behind a store also and sometimes, for a change, the kids will play on the grassy area behind it. They just run around the trees and we play simon says.
The ages of my dck's vary. They are aged 3 and the youngest who is starting in January will be 11 months. I have no problem handling a varied age group and actually prefer it, however, you have to figure out what age groups you can handle. Some providers love all babies and some like the older kids.