PDA

View Full Version : Triple P training

2cuteboys
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience in triple p?

I've been looking for something to increase my expertise in the area and over the course of my 'careers' triple p has come up a few times. I know that it would help me in this field, and may extend my opportunities once I get back into the workforce (I know I'm not a lifer - I plan on working outside the home again once my kids are older).

I've been tempted to take some ECE courses as well, if anyone has any experience with either or both I'd really love to hear your opinion!

FSD
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Um...just curious what is triple p training??? :huh:

2cuteboys
11-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure if it's as big in the east as it is here! It's basically a program for parents and caregivers to address and prevent behavioural issues with children. There are a few levels of incidental training mainly for parents and caregivers, than there are higher levels for professionals who work with families. This is from their website:

The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is a multi-level, parenting and family support strategy. Triple P has been designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioural and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realise their potential.
The Triple P model draws on social learning, cognitive behavioural and developmental theory as well as research into risk factors associated with the development of social and behavioural problems in children. It aims to equip parents with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient and to be able to manage family issues independently. And while it is almost universally successful in improving behavioural problems, more than half of Triple P’s 17 parenting strategies focus on developing positive relationships, attitudes and conduct.

Here's the website: http://alberta.triplep-staypositive.net/practitioners/about-triple-p/what-is-triplep