PDA

View Full Version : Your top 3 contract rules are...

5 Little Monkeys
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I am relatively new to this site and am loving it!! I have read a few things that made me go "I need to put that into my contract" so my question to you is.....What are your top 3 contract rules/policies that you think are important to have stated?

Mine are...
1. Payment is due two weeks in advance. If you miss one payment your child can not attend until payment is paid, if you miss 2 payments you will be asked to find alternate care.

2. If you are late up to half an hour it is a $10 fee, anything over 30 minutes is a full day's rate, $30

3. I have a detailed sick policy and it must be followed. Alternate pick ups are a must in case of illness (I wasn't as strict with my last group and it bit me in the butt...I am very strict with this group and thankfully they actually follow the policy. It might be the only area that this group is better than the last lol)

babydom
08-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Yes I'd like to know too :). Mine are deposit to hold child's spot. Sick policy and holidays, stats days, sick days that are still paid.

CrazyEight
08-26-2015, 09:42 AM
-An immediate termination clause that gives you the right to term on the spot should you feel that a dck is a danger to themselves, other children, or you

-A detailed sick policy that outlines what they can come to daycare with (ex. a minor cold as long as there are no other symptoms of something worse is fine with me) and what they have to stay home with, how long they are to remain home sick, and what they need to come back

-A very clear policy on what days must be paid for, ex. sick days, stat days, vacation days, your vacation days, extra days off, etc. My newly-revised contract has something along the lines of "payment is due 49 weeks of the year whether or not a child attends every day." Payment holds a spot, it is not paid by the day. Then I go further and list all stat days that payment is due for, specifically say that the child's sick days must still be paid for, but any days that I have to close due to my own sickness or circumstances, payment is not due. Make it as clear as possible, even if it seems like it's too detailed, because in my experience, clients will try to wiggle out of paying any way they can, and you need to be able to budget!