PDA

View Full Version : Vent- Sometimes I Hate Selling items online (Kijiji, Craigslist etc)

MonkeyPrincess
11-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Seriously, sometimes i hate selling things online! I HATE when people lowball me. Makes me want to reply in a 'not so nice way' to them.

I am selling quite a few things on Kijiji and Craigslist. For example, I am selling a stroller for $50. I did my homework and priced it accordingly to it's used condition, my area etc. Someone emails me and says just like this '$20 and i can pick it up today'. So as much as i wanted to reply 'are you freaking kidding me?', i replied nicely and said that offer was too low and i could accept $40 and yes, they can pick it up today, after work. No answer back yet.

Another guy replies to everything i post with a million and one questions about the item, and i reply, yet he never replies back to me, or buys anything.

Another thing i hate is when you find a seller and it's all good, then they come to pick up and pay for the item and then lowball me at the door. I know why too, buyers feel like they have the sellers in the palm of their hand, knowing that the seller wants to get rid of the item and they think the seller will let the item go for whatever price :no:

I am getting frustrated because i want to get rid of everything but at a decent price- what i am asking for the item, or reasonably close. Come on people, a $400 double stroller in pristine condition that i am selling for $100 and you want it for $60 and you want me to deliver??? :no::no::no:

whew, anyhow, thats what's eating me today.

5 Little Monkeys
11-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Oh this annoys me too but I just think "you don't know if you don't ask" right? I try not to be offended by someone's lowball offer when I'm the seller and I try not to offer too low when I'm the buyer.

I have had people come and do the "will you take this?" and sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. Most often, if I say no, they still buy it anyways because they don't want the trip to be for nothing.

I usually mark my prices $5-$10 more than what I want for it so that this allows for negotiations. I get what I want and the buyer thinks they got a deal :)

Fun&care
11-27-2013, 12:32 PM
I know it can be so annoying. As for the lowball offers at the door my answer is always "no". I just say I have lots of ppl interested and will sell to somebody else if they don't take it. I think what has annoyed me the most were ppl showing up saying "oops, I guess I only brought 40$ for the item(even though I was asking 50$), is that ok?" ARGH! It's such BS. I don't put up with that nonsense anymore :) some people!