PDA

View Full Version : Nap mats or cots?

nschildcare
12-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I need to come up with a nap time solution for my older toddlers. Too big for a pnp and won't stay on a mat. (rolls around so I think a cot would encourage her to stay still) I am thinking of cots but they would be a big investment for me. Anyone use them and prefer them? Ideas on where to order?

TIA

superfun
12-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I bought my cots from Costco. I ordered them online. It was a 6 pack, it included the sheets, and I sold the extra ones that I didn't need. It worked out great.

mickyc
12-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I use cots. Got them second hand for $15 each. Love them!

5 Little Monkeys
12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
I use mats (I only have one child on them though, rest are in playpens). I like that the mats fold up for easy storage and are super easy to clean.

I like cots too and it's what we used in daycare centres. However, I just don't have the room to store when not in use.

I don't know if her staying on one or the other would help though. We used to have tons of kids play around on the cots too and try to get under them! lol

Secondtimearound
12-17-2013, 05:39 PM
I use camping cots for the older dck ! Collapses so nicely after nap time !!! I bought mine second hand , I have 2 so far and love them !!!!

nschildcare
12-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Thanks all.

Mama of 1
12-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I got mine from Costco as well 6 cots with sheets for 189 and shipping was free

playfelt
12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
I use crib mattresses right now but plan to replace and deciding between mats and cots too. I too was concerned that the mat doesn't define the space enough and encourages unlimited rolling. The crib mats being 6" off the floor help to secure the child in place but don't injure them if they do roll off.

nschildcare
12-23-2013, 09:07 AM
I have checked the costco site and can't find them. They must not carry them anymore.

I think what I am going to try is camping foam mats... with envelope style bottoms and sleeping bag like tops. Hard to describe but I am going to try making them over Christmas break. If they work... I'll post photos :)

superfun
12-23-2013, 11:22 AM
It wasn't that long ago that I ordered mine. They might have them again in a week or two. That's what happened when I ordered my lockers. They just showed up again one day.

nschildcare
12-29-2013, 06:26 AM
So they showed up again.... I went back two days later to order them and they were gone. I guess they must sell quickly when they have them. I'll keep checking and order them the next time I see them. Thanks!