PDA

View Full Version : Am I in the right?

Skysue
09-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok here goes: I have a daycare family that I just love but I terminated care for there oldest son back in February due him being too aggressive and having issues with listening etc… he is now in Montessori school and ding well. I still care for his younger brother and just adore him this family gave me their 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be his last day.

I never took a deposit or did a contract for his younger brother due to the fact that they needed emergency care for him when he was 9 months old and I have just been caring for him ever since, he is now 19 months.

However his older brother was part time then went to full time, they did pay a deposit for part time care, but back in February when I terminated care I gave them 2 weeks. They decided to take him out of care right away and waived the 2 weeks.

Just this past week they asked if as a favor I could watch both boys, I said yes as I was only watching them plus a few older kids.

They asked about deposit and how was that to be subtracted? I told them it has already been eaten up back in February as I gave them 2 weeks grace period? I hate this and feel awful but business is business.

Please tell me ladies am I right?

FS2011
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Sounds right to me! Dont feel bad about it, I'm sure they new back then what they were getting away with. Maybe they just were curious what you would say.

mom-in-alberta
09-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Nope, I would explain matter of factly the scenario, and that the deposit went towards those forfeited 2 weeks.
I am thinking that they are just taking a shot at it, as Feb was a looong time ago, and if they were that concerned then they probably would/ should have straightened it out back then.

Judy Trickett
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
You are correct. Deposits are per CHILD and not per family. What they are essentially doing is double dipping into their deposit.

Skysue
09-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I think that is what it was as they had no real issue with it! They gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to say thanks! I'm really going to miss there boys! That is the hardest part of this job! I love the kids I watch!

Sounds right to me! Dont feel bad about it, I'm sure they new back then what they were getting away with. Maybe they just were curious what you would say.