PDA

View Full Version : Same mom...terminate? Or am I being harsh?

Sandbox Sally
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
So some of you might remember responding to my other post about the mother who didn't pay for two weeks, and then claimed that she thought her $99 dollar holding fee covered the cost of 3 weeks' worth of child care...

Here it is, Friday again. She dropped him off this morning without even a MENTION of paying me. The two other parents who came this morning paid first thing without even a mention, and have done every time. I also have a fourth client who has always paid on time.

As I mentioned in my last post as well, her son is aggressive and angry, and hits my children, the other dck's and my dog.

My contract specifically states that I will immediately terminate due to...list of reasons, one of which is FAILURE TO PAY.

So, what do you think, women? Should I wait it out? Ask her for the $$ outright? or just flat out terminate?

Thanks for any advice.

Play and Learn
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I would ask her for the money, and if she doesn't give it to you, TERMINATE - this is YOUR income!!!

Obviously she doesn't respect you and your business!

zen39
09-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Without a doubt, ask for your money. On the occasion that a parent hasn't handed over their money to me on payday, the first thing I say is "do you have my payment"? Then they run to the car because they forgot it there, or whatever, but they need to pay me that day. If you don't mention it, they'll think you don't care.

Since you've had prior issues with this family, can you not tell them that you will be collecting payment at the beginning of the week as opposed to the end. That way if they don't pay on Monday, then they receive no childcare for that week and you won't be left at the end of the week out of money.

Good luck!

mom-in-alberta
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I would absolutely ask immediately for that payment. And at this point I would probably give her notice that if it happens again, you will either be terminating your contract or requiring your payment in advance. I REALLY doubt that she didn't know/forgot that it was time to pay, considering you reminded her of how it all works when you emailed her the last time there was an issue.
I would put this family on a short leash. His behaviour plus her ignorance so far towards your payment agreement is setting off warning bells for me!!!
:ohmy:

FS2011
09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday...parents know the 1st means the daycare fee is due in cash or emt. Parents had a chat with me, dropped child off, I had receipt book out (that usually a hint!) and parents start to leave so in my head I'm thinking...do I speak up? Do I wait till pick up? So I immediately say, will you be paying me at pick up then? And she keeps walking and says ya ya, later. Grrr! What!?
She then calls me saying she will do an emt right away. 3 hours later she send her payment-less $7....grrr again! It's only $7 but do I say something or add it to my list of reasons to terminate? You don't respect me enough to pay on time or pay me the full amount!

FS2011
09-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree with playfelt though, ask first then terminate. I should follow my own advice!

Sandbox Sally
09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I asked. She paid. Dunno. Hope this doesn't keep happening though. I am pretty sure she doesn't have to ask her boss for her pay. Ugh...

Skysue
09-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I asked. She paid. Dunno. Hope this doesn't keep happening though. I am pretty sure she doesn't have to ask her boss for her pay. Ugh...

Say that to her, in a nice way say that to her. Also she should pay a penalty if she pays late!