PDA

View Full Version : What to do...What to do...



Daisy123
01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Ok. Need a little feedback here please if you don't mind. After a dry spell I've now started having a few inquiries in the last few days. Sounds great but... The family I'm interviewing tonight has 2 boys. Problem is that they only want 3 days a week for the 2 yo and b/a care for the older one. Ok so there goes 2 spots in the van for school runs that could be used for full timers. I need the $, so fine. Now I get an inquiry for a baby starting in July but still only 3 days a week. If I take the baby AND the 2 boys from tonight (I've already got 2 other b/a girls) the van is full. And I'm not making NEAR what I need to pay the bills. I'd rather wait and take the 1 baby in July and leave the other 2 spots free but I'd also rather pay a few bills now.:) To top it off my preschool is actually my "thing" and I can't do that with infants on the loose. Not satisfactorily. I'm going to do the interview tonight but would I be shooting myself in the foot if I were to say that I don't know if I'll be able to do the b/a in September? I'd hate to take the boys knowing that I might let them go in the not so distant future.

mickyc
01-14-2014, 07:03 PM
My advice would be to wait until you get the best fit. I would tell mom from tonight's interview that the spots are full-time only and that if she wants them she will have to pay for full-time no matter how many days she uses. I made the mistake of taking part-time once and have kicked myself in the butt ever since. I am not the kind of person to go back on my word so I would never terminate just because I could now fill the spot with a full-timer. If you can wait I would, if you are desperate then take what you can get, it depends on how badly you need to fill the spot.

Daisy123
01-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Well that answers that. A no show anyways. Gotta love it when that happens. Better to find out true colours now...

playfelt
01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
When it is a family of two I would ask for the full fee for the first child and then negotiate a part time rate for the second child so you are getting 1 1/2 fees so not as much of a loss. Sorry for the no show though that is so annoying for sure. Mom was likely desperate and took the first place she interviewed with space.