PDA

View Full Version : ICS Child Day Care Management

Mike
01-17-2014, 09:05 PM
ICS has a mail order course called "Child Day Care Management". Have any of you taken that course? If so, what did you think about it?

playfelt
01-18-2014, 04:04 PM
I did my ECE through Granton Institute which was also an online program. While the information is great and parents will appreciate that you took the courses, it will not be transferrable to anything in terms of getting certified as an ECE or transferring the course to a college program. There is no practicum portion which is one of the big reasons it does not equate to the college program. But like I said, it is still great information.

If you are looking for training check into the training modules for home daycare providers. Check out this site. Our association here in Ottawa has been running the courses. You might check through the Early Years Centre in your area if anyone there is offering group sessions.

http://www.cccf-fcsge.ca/professional-development/members-resource-library/family-child-care-training-program-levels-1-3-training-materials/

mom2threekids
01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
I took this years ago and liked it, it gives you a good insight on how to manage daycare. I also took ICS child psychology. Its a good interest course.

Mike
01-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks. I will likely be going ahead with it. I like learning, learn well from books, and more knowledge never hurts.

Samantha33
01-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Mike, just one word of caution if I may. 15 years I ago I signed up for this course. I ended it within a month when I found out that it wouldn't allow me to work with children in a center. It was not for Ontario. It was only for administration of a center in Ontario. It may have changed now.

Mike
01-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I will have to look into that. I know the course is more for running a center, but figured there could be some useful things to learn from it.

Samantha33
01-25-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm sure there will be! :)