PDA

View Full Version : Pack and play waterproof sheets?

AcornsFalling
01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
I have been looking for one of these for a child who is a heavy drooler at nap time... Also thought it would be good for potty training. I plan to keep children in pull ups for several weeks until no accidents but I'm sure the occasional accident will happen in their sleep.
I haven't found anything at my local baby stores. Does anyone know if they exist, or can be bought online, or do you use something else?
I have been wrapping the mattress in a large garbage bag, taping it tight, then covering with a pack and play sheet. But I am concerned about suffocation hazards and liability as it is a garbage bag.
Help, I don't want my pack and play to be ruined by a drool monster!!

nschildcare
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
A quick fix would be to put a towel underneath the sheet.

Can you sew? I made all the sheets for my pack in plays using cotton knit and FOE (fold over elastic). If you wanted something waterproof, you could use PUL fabric, which is a knit on one side and laminate on the other. This is the same material used for cloth diapering. You can find FOE and PUL at walmart or online.

You could even make a pad to place under the sheet. I made waterproof change pads layering PUL, absorbent material and cotton knit on top. You could use a similar layering for a bedwetting pad.

5 Little Monkeys
01-21-2014, 08:22 AM
I do a garbage bag taped, than a blanket on top of the garbage bag to reduce noise and then the sheet over it all. This way if there is an accident, I can just wash the sheet and blanket and hopefully the playpen mat is safe!

Once they are potty trained though I don't like to have them in the playpen for much longer. I don't feel that it's fair as they can't get out if they need to use the washroom. I transfer them to a sleep mat and watch them on the video monitor until I am confident that they will stay there and not play around. I am looking into buying 2 cots though so that I have a choice of mat or cot for the potty trained and older children.

Fun&care
01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
They sell bed mats in the pull up section at any store. They work like a diaper to absorb liquid. I use them on my sons bed and they are pretty good. For drooling however I would probably use a towel or double up on the sheets to protect the mattress.

AmandaKDT
01-21-2014, 09:18 AM
They sell bed mats in the pull up section at any store. They work like a diaper to absorb liquid. I use them on my sons bed and they are pretty good. For drooling however I would probably use a towel or double up on the sheets to protect the mattress.

I use these too for my older daughter, she still wets the bed at night. They have a sticky side on the bottom so it doesn't move around and they are a pretty good size, they would cover most of the playpen bottom.

Another option might be to get those reusable pads that they use in hospitals to put under patients in the beds. I don't know where you'd get them, perhaps a medical supply store.

Artsand crafts
01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
They sell disposable waterproof sheets at Walmart. I've been using them for some time.They are in the baby's section. Close to the pull ups

AcornsFalling
01-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I will try to make my own. I prefer not to use disposable mats as I already have so much garbage. Good ideas!!