PDA

View Full Version : Contracts and siblings

Jenny
01-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I have seen a variety of contracts for people with multiple children, some refer to child(s) and other say child.
From your experience is it better to have a contract for each child or create a template designed for multiples.

As well should I write my contract in 1st or 2nd person. Such as "I" and "you" or say "the provider/caregiver" and "Parent/guardians"

5 Little Monkeys
01-25-2014, 10:18 AM
In my contract, I refer to them as ...child(ren). This covers it whether they have one or more in my care. I do ask that each child has their own child info sheet though.

I write mine in 1st person...such as "I will ..., I expect...I offer..."

Mike
01-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Child(ren) is what I have on my documents and website where referring to 1 or more children. That way it fits either way. My plans are also to have one contract for the parents, but separate sheets for child info.

AmandaKDT
01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I use childcare provider, parent/guardian and child(ren). I see writing in 3rd person as more professional.

I have one contract per family with an area to list each child in care and then a separate Child Information Record Form for each child - it covers family contact information, designated emergency contacts, medical information, living and custody arrangements, physical/emotional/medical conditions relevant to care of the child, permission for emergency medical transportation and treatment.

Samantha33
01-25-2014, 08:02 PM
I use childcare provider, parent/guardian and child(ren). I see writing in 3rd person as more professional.

I have one contract per family with an area to list each child in care and then a separate Child Information Record Form for each child - it covers family contact information, designated emergency contacts, medical information, living and custody arrangements, physical/emotional/medical conditions relevant to care of the child, permission for emergency medical transportation and treatment.

This is what I have as well.