PDA

View Full Version : Handbook info vs Contract

Jenny
01-25-2014, 10:29 AM
I was wondering what people have written in their contract.
How do I avoid basically re-writing my policy book within it. Do you just say (in so many words) "by reading my policy book you agree to it's terms and conditions...." or do you actually re-write vital information.
I am finding my contract and policy book are beginning to overlap, and my contract is beginning to get quite large.

I am sorry if this post is confusing, please let me know if I need to clarify my question!

Mike
01-25-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't know how the experienced ones here do it, until they reply ;) but with mine, the contract just covers the basics and refers to the parent handbook for details.

suzydominguez
01-25-2014, 12:58 PM
I found myself doing the same thing, Jenny. I think that if you start of with "by reading my policy book ..." it will cover the majority of the information, that in general all parents follow. Then you can have the important points like hours, fees dates, etc. that pertain to each family and are different for every child.

AmandaKDT
01-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Mine is 2 pages and has:

1. Provider's name and address
2. Parent's names and address(es)
3. Name(s) and birthdates of children in care
4. Time of drop off and pick up
5. Days of the week that care will be provided
6. The provider will/will not provide the following - snacks, lunch, etc.
7. Any special provisions... (such as does not eat pork, etc)
8. The parents will provide... (diapers, wipes, etc.)

Next section covers fees and payment details:
1. Whether payment is in advance or in arrears and how often payment is made
2. Statement of daily fee amount and what date care takes effect
3. Statement about how much notice will be given if fee rates change
4. Statement about amount of deposit paid and when it was paid
5. Fee for inservice and/or school holidays (if applicable)
6. Statement about whether or not fees are charged when daycare is closed due to holidays or illness (I do not charge)
7. Statement about whether or not fees are charged for stat holidays (I do charge)
8. Statement about the charging of late fees due to late pick up and how much it would be
8. Statement about how the parent has read, understood and will adhere to Parent Policy Handbook
9. Whether they agree to allow outings via transportation by vehicle
10. Whether they agree to my Indirect Supervision Policy (which is mandatory if their child is to come into my care)
11. Whether they agree to their child being videotaped or photographed

My parent policy handbook is about 13 pages long, and most of this info is in it but I lay out the most important info in the contract.

Busy ECE mommy
01-25-2014, 02:00 PM
My contract is 15 pages long(including all policies and developmental/health history of the child)
My handbook is several pages shorter with most of the same info, but I make sure everything is super thorough in the contract, so the contract is really the only document I need. I post my handbook on my website, and contracts are only given to clients once they give a deposit and have had a contract meeting with me to go over the nitty gritty.