PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun... How much coffee do you drink in a day?

AcornsFalling
01-30-2014, 04:07 PM
:)

I just can't get enough! I'm usually two LARGE cups a day... Warmed up in the microwave once or twice as I never have the chance to finish a cup. I try to drink some water in between. Sometimes.

I was doing this for a while and it was good: http://www.modernparentsmes sykids.com/2013/03/start-your-day-saying-hello-happy-drink.html

But I'm too lazy and have reverted back to my tried and true fave, coffee with two creams.

Anyone else out there hooked on their daily coffee?

mimi
01-30-2014, 04:13 PM
I have one cup a day. I like coffee, but I never get a chance to finish one during the day. What I do have first thing in the morning is a hot water with lemon and honey. If it cools off it still tastes good. Later in the morning while the kids have snack I have a lemon, honey and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Turmeric cuts inflammation in the body and I have noticed my feet can be inflamed due to mortons syndrome are amazingly better.

5 Little Monkeys
01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
I never really liked coffee but I have started drinking one cup each morning Mon-Fri. Sometimes I get a headache on weekend mornings and I wonder if it's due to the caffeine withdrawal?

I drink one cup with too much sugar and some cream ;) Flavoured cream is my favourite but any will do.

DayHomeMama
01-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Maybe 1 or 2 a week, always decaf, caffiene gives me headaches :( I drink green tea with lemon and honey, it too tastes good when it inevitably get's cold lol

Crayola kiddies
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
No coffee at all...... But I drink heaps of tea .... Reheated numerous times .....my cup is Only empty while the kettle is boiling

ttremble88
01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
No coffee. No tea. :)

mickyc
01-30-2014, 05:27 PM
No coffee, no tea either

Spixie33
01-30-2014, 05:33 PM
I used to drink 1 or 2 cups a week.....but then we got ourselves a Keurig for Christmas. We just had to sample all the kcups and now I do one cup every morning before the DCKs arrive to pep me up and then another cup during nap when I am needing another boost.

So...I am at two cups a day :(:o

momof5
01-30-2014, 06:10 PM
3 cups all morning, reheated in the microwave. Lol. My youngest still doesn't sleep threw the night yet. I need the caffeine to keep me going.

momofnerds
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
2 or 3 during the day. Depends on the mood. Sometimes I'll drink a tea, or if I go into town later I pick up a timmies steeped tea yum!

5 Little Monkeys
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
I didn't know this but some tea has more caffeine than coffee. I drink tea from time to time before bed and have always bought the sleepytime/ relaxed tea so I was unaware of that lol

AmandaKDT
01-30-2014, 07:29 PM
I drink one every morning and sometimes one in the early afternoon, my youngest still refuses to sleep through the night so I don't think I'd survive otherwise. I think she will be like my oldest and not regularly sleep through the night until she is almost 3... *sigh*

JennJubie
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
mimi - I use turmeric as well. I have tendonitis in both arms, both "tennis elbow", and "golfers elbow" and I find that it helps quite a bit.

I have one cup a day. I like coffee, but I never get a chance to finish one during the day. What I do have first thing in the morning is a hot water with lemon and honey. If it cools off it still tastes good. Later in the morning while the kids have snack I have a lemon, honey and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Turmeric cuts inflammation in the body and I have noticed my feet can be inflamed due to mortons syndrome are amazingly better.

mimi
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
JennJubie, I get my feet adjusted by a chiropractor every two weeks and it has been very painful. Then I went on turmeric and my last adjustment I chatted away and suddenly he was done. My chiro is dumbfounded with the change. I'm glad to hear it helps your elbows. :) There is a lot to say for going natural.

suzydominguez
01-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Oh, I love my coffee:yes . I will have a good 3 sometimes four ! Cannot go without it LOL.

jammiesandtea
01-30-2014, 08:30 PM
I've never liked the taste of coffee, but I do love my tea. :)

5 Little Monkeys
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm interested in this tumeric. Where do you get it and what do you do with it?

I get cortisone shots every 3-4 months and would be interested in trying this to see if it works for anti-inflammatory reasons.

Daisy123
01-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Coffee... Absolutely!!! One in the morning and one in the afternoon... Sometimes a peppermint tea in the middle! Tumeric huh? Wonder if that would work for eczema too... Think I'll check it out. Any side effects? I think I heard that it can be a blood thinner and that it can boost diabetic meds. but I'm not sure. I think that it can be used internally and externally.

mimi
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
5 monkeys you can find it in the spice aisle. Honestly, it has really helped me. You can take up to a tsp a day in hot water with honey or lemon or on its own. Inflammation in our bodies is what ails us and kills us so in moderation this spice has helped me immensely. Google it and see for yourselves.

FunnyFarm
01-31-2014, 07:32 AM
yup I'm 2 in the morn and sometimes a third in the afternoon. And sleepy time tea at night to counteract all the caffine ;) LOL.

5 Little Monkeys
01-31-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks Mimi, will add it to my google search LOL (what did we do before google?? haha) I think I will pick some up this weekend and try it!

Have you personally had any side effects? Or anyone?

mimi
01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
The only thing is not to take if pregnant or breast feeding and I think if you are on prescription blood thinners. Otherwise 1 tsp a day. You can put it is a smoothie or put a bit on your food etc.
I have experienced no side effects and it is also supposed to help with belly fat.......not that any of us have it of course :rolleyes:

Dreamalittledream
01-31-2014, 09:19 AM
I used to drink 1 or 2 cups a week.....but then we got ourselves a Keurig for Christmas. We just had to sample all the kcups and now I do one cup every morning before the DCKs arrive to pep me up and then another cup during nap when I am needing another boost.

So...I am at two cups a day :(:o
Yes exactly the same here:). Love our new Keurig:)

mimi
01-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Yep, we have a Keurig too. My husband who wanted one in the worst way gave me one for Christmas LOL. That is the one cup I have in the day and the stronger the better.
Costco has the refills and apparently if you go on Costco.ca they have more of a selection than they do in the store.

5 Little Monkeys
01-31-2014, 09:45 AM
We also have a keurig. Have found the best price at costco for their kirkland brand. It's not my favourite coffee but it's ok. When we go to the states we like to stock up. Walmart has a great value brand and it's actually quite good.

We have a water place here in town that sells them individually, 24 for an even $20. I like doing that the best so we can get whatever and how many we want.

mimi
01-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Haven't tried the Kirkland brand, but now Costco has the keurig brand and starbucks too :)

5 Little Monkeys
01-31-2014, 10:11 AM
What's the keurig brand? We are both not a fan of starbucks but my other half will pick up a timmies every now and than. I don't like Tim's coffee but I use the reusable filter if we run out of kcups and just use maxwell.

mimi
01-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Sorry I assumed they had a keurig brand. The brands at Costco.ca are timothy's, Barista Prima, Van Houtte, Zavida, Abricaffe with I think is decaffe and Verismo and also some tea brands.

5 Little Monkeys
01-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Oh ok. I will have to look into costco online. In the store I have only noticed kirkland, vanhoutte (our favourite) and maybe timothy's and abricaffe as those names sound familiar but I'm not sure where I saw them.

Secondtimearound
01-31-2014, 02:29 PM
I love raspberry truffle !!! It's for keurig !!! I'm finding mornings coffee to excite me in ways I don't want to understand lol ! I love relaxing at night when everything is all done , child in bed , comfy and cozy and have a coffee then too !!

AcornsFalling
01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Phew! Looks like I'm not the only caffeine fiend on here... Now to go get my post-lunch coffee...

CrazyEight
01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Oh man, I couldn't live without our Keurig. I have never liked the taste of coffee, but my husband introduced me to using whipping cream and sugar in it around the time I started doing daycare, and now...I have about 3 a day. Coincidence? I think not! :)
It's definately what I look forward to the most in the morning, and what gets me out of bed in time...I want to be able to have at least have a cup in the quiet before my dckids start to arrive and my own wake up. Whipping cream in coffee will certainly not help our figures, but I soooo don't care!

I have really been liking the Folgers Morning Cafe recently, and also Timothy's Breakfast Blend. Also the occasional cup of tea at naptime.

sunnydays
01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Oh how I have tried to drink less coffee...LOL. But I always go back up! I drink about 2-3 large cups eveyr morning...not usually any in the afternoon. I try to start the day with a cup of warm water and lemon to hidrate and energize, but then I follow it with the coffee...LOL.
About the turmeric...it is also a powerful cancer fighter/preventer, so has many many benefits :)

Spixie33
01-31-2014, 08:45 PM
I bought a box of 80 VanHoutte House Blend Kcups at Costco last week for $40. I thought that was a great deal.

I think the VanH Houseblend is my favourite so far.

I haven't tried whipping cream in the keurig coffee yet but I definitely put half and half cream (10%) in it each time.

I have noticed that the hot chocolate Kcups leave a lot to be desired so I put half and half or whipped cream to top it up. It makes all the difference to make it taste better.

I never thought I would be such a coffee lover - I just love the Keurig and considering it only takes 1 minute to make coffee now is perfect because I can brew it while the kids are having a snack if I need a pick-me-up.

daycaremom9
02-01-2014, 12:56 AM
We've found that the K cups can get quite expensive. We bought some of the reuseable cups and grind our own coffee.

Spixie33
02-01-2014, 06:59 AM
We've found that the K cups can get quite expensive. We bought some of the reuseable cups and grind our own coffee.

I hear you !!! We made sure that our Keurig came with the reusable cup where you can put your own coffee. We had every intention of just using up our sample kcups and then switching over and using our own coffee powder....but 5 weeks later and we have yet to do that.

The cups are just so darn easy:o:D

5 Little Monkeys
02-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Spixie, that is our favourite as well (the van houtte 80 for $40). The kirkland brand is 100 for $40 but we don't like the flavour as much.

We do well with the reusable kcup for a month or so and than get lazy and go back to buying the cups lol.

daycaremom9
02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I know every once in a while we go back to the k cups also and I agree they def are super easy especially first thing in the morning!

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 07:35 AM
So I'm trying a cup of tumeric today. I put in 1tbsp and some honey. Is there any other way you ladies drink it? I'm not sure if I can drink the whole thing, the taste is not my favourite LOL

edited...well now I see!!! 1/2 to 1 tsp LOL I'm dumping this cup and making another with less tumeric haha. I knew I should have checked this before making it!!!

JennJubie
02-06-2014, 08:16 AM
5LM, even in the smaller amounts, it's still kind of gross. But it helps. I find it it is also keeping me sane with my back and shoulder. I can't imagine how crappy I would feel without it right now!

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 08:22 AM
haha, Yes still gross. I made it with 1/2 tsp. It's a bit easier going down (the 1tbsp was kinda "gritty" lol)

I usually take 2 aleve in the mornings but I skipped those so I could see if the turmeric did anything.

torontokids
02-06-2014, 08:54 AM
I believe you can get it in capsule form in health food stores

bright sparks
02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I take a turmeric supplement from Whole Foods for my endometriosis to reduce inflammation. It works like a dream, but there's no way you'd get me drinking it. You just have to get it in...so I add it to my rice and as my rice absorbs all the water it all ends up in me not down the drain. Use it anywhere you would typically use spices. It doesn't have any taste I find, just turns everything yellow.

I love coffee and literally make a fresh cup every time I'm empty. So, for about 3 or 4 years now, I do not keep coffee in the house. Its as simple as that, but there are days when I literally send out a mass text begging any of my friends to bring me a coffee. I would love a keurig or similar...even the starbucks machine as that's my favourite coffee, the strong kind, but apart from having a problem with all the waste, I know I would have a problem with the amount I consume. If I have orange pekoe tea in the house I would typically have 2 or 3 a day but generally I drink herbal tea. Right now I am on number 2 of the day. Wild Berry Zinger and often chamomile is my other go to :)

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I will have to look into that Torontokids!!....I drank almost all of it but it was not fun. I have texture issues and I didn't like tasting the turmeric. My water was hot so I don't think it's a lack of dissolving issue lol

mimi
02-06-2014, 09:15 AM
5LM I had a chuckle and a gasp when I read 1 tbsp. What I do it take 1/2 tsp at a time and I keep stirring it so the last couple of gulps are not so gritty.

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Mimi, I laughed when I went looking for the right measurement and saw 1/2 tsp!! 1 tbsp is definitely tooooo much!! LOL. And when I first opened it this morning the powder went everywhere! All over my counter and on my sweater....mornings are not my greatest moments LOL

I kept the spoon in it too and kept stirring it. I will look into the capsules. I would love to not have to get cortisone shots and take aleve every day so I am really hoping this works for me!! :)

mimi
02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
It certainly can't hurt. You should notice some improvement in a week

5 Little Monkeys
02-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Me again!!! lol....So today my fiance went to the health store and got me pills. However, they are curcumin....does anyone take these? I did a bit of reading and it seems like this and turmeric are the same...is that right?

JennJubie
02-09-2014, 10:30 PM
5LM, I can't remember exactly, but it's something along the lines that turmeric is the main component in curcumin.

5 Little Monkeys
02-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Yes, Jen you are right! I did a bit more reading last night and came across that! Thanks :)

bright sparks
02-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Curcumin is actually the anti inflammatory component in Turmeric. It is what is sold as a turmeric supplement. Make sure you have a 100% vegetarian supplement otherwise the anti inflammatory ingredients will be compromised and less effective. I find the supplement to work very well.

5 Little Monkeys
02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks bright sparks. I know it's a vegetable capsule but will look into the other ingredients sometime today!

bright sparks
02-10-2014, 09:02 AM
If it's suitable for vegetarians it will say clearly on the bottle and then it will be fine. Animal products are one of the biggest groups of inflammatory products out their so it's obviously something to be careful with.