PDA

View Full Version : Today's naptime and change.

Samantha33
01-30-2014, 06:55 PM
I used to have a compulsory naptime. Then I had a Mom say that she didn't want her daughter napping. Within two weeks I had another Mom say she didn't want her son napping. I figured O.k., I love love love these two sets of parents so I agreed to help them out so bedtime would be easier. Well today for the first time since early fall "everyone" had a nap. It was so wonderful. I forgot what it was like to have the house to myself. It was an eye opener for sure. These two children go to school in September AND that's when I'm incorporating mandatory sleep times again and won't back down next time. Sometimes the Moms will say to me they don't mind if so and so has a nap. My thoughts are always "well it's kinda late now, I have one up and that one needs company so both stay awake. Has anyone else ever done something like this and will there be backlash I don't know of??

5 Little Monkeys
01-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I had a mom tell me that she didn't want her daughter napping anymore because it was ruining bedtime. I was like you, said sure that's fine. It wasn't a big deal to have her up as she was really good about watching tv, reading, doing puzzles, workbooks and being quiet. I re-did my contract in January and switched it to every child needs to lay down for 30 minutes to give me a break. If they are still awake after that than they can get up and come upstairs with me. Mom was fine with this and just asked that I let her know the days her daughter had a nap. She usually napped 30-60 minutes and mom just pushed bedtime back on those days. Tomorrow is their last day as she is going to full time preschool and she won't be having naps anymore anyways because preschool is in the afternoon's.