PDA

View Full Version : Won't eat cake or cookies - crazy girl!

AmandaKDT
02-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have ideas for what I could serve at my daughter's second birthday? The problem (if you can call it one) is that she doesn't like cake, muffins, cookies, jello, and ice cream is hit or miss. The only thing she is happy to eat is individual chocolate chips and sprinkles.

I was thinking of making a giant cookie and putting coloured chocolate candies all over the top, but I have a feeling she won't be interested.

Maybe I will just have to make whatever is my favourite! :-)

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I would make whatever is your favourite and serve that to the guests. Than I would just give her whatever is her favourite :)

ttremble88
02-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Cute cupcakes? Pie? It is so hard to complain! LOL

mickyc
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
what about rice crispy cake or puffed wheat cake?

AmandaKDT
02-06-2014, 02:29 PM
LOL, yes it is hard to complain about her not wanting sweets! My girls love the savory/salty foods - my older daughter can be bribed to eat pretty much anything if you tell her she can have some olives. And my younger is obsessed with cheese!

I guess I will just make what I want and give her a handful of chocolate chips if she refuses to eat it.

I haven't ever given her rice crispy cake, I'm going to have to try that soon. Maybe she will like it.

mimi
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
slices of cheese with chocolate chips on top :)

superfun
02-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I've seen on pinterest, a watermelon I think. It was decorated nice enough that it could look like cake.

Secondtimearound
02-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Superfun I saw that too !!! Peel the watermelon in a circular shape , frost and decorate !!! I want to try it for a summer party !!!
My son wasn't find of sweets either and I made him little cupcake papers full of cheezies !! Lol not the usual but he was happy lol

ttremble88
02-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Cheese cake?

AmandaKDT
02-06-2014, 04:38 PM
slices of cheese with chocolate chips on top :)

She would probably be in heaven! Lol

AmandaKDT
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Cheese cake?

No, we had some on the weekend and she wouldn't even try it. But I LOVE cheesecake, yum!

Crayola kiddies
02-06-2014, 06:13 PM
donut? fruit flan? apple crisp? or make cupcakes or something for everyone else and give her a muffin cup with chips or pretzels or cheezies like someone else mentioned....

Discoveries
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Maybe a trip to Baskin Robins where she can try little samples of different types of ice creams? If you find one she likes, then maybe an ice cream cake. Mine was the same, but would eat some ice creams or puddings.

5 Little Monkeys
02-06-2014, 09:40 PM
The pudding reminded me of worms in dirt...you could make individual ones in those clear plastic cups if she likes pudding?

AmandaKDT
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
The pudding reminded me of worms in dirt...you could make individual ones in those clear plastic cups if she likes pudding?

I used to love those when I was a kid, planning on making them for my older daughter's 5th birthday this year. But unfortunately no, I know my little one will not eat pudding either. My older one used to be really fussy with eating and grew out of it, and her little sister is exactly the same!

It sounds so bad listing all the things she will refuse, but not much I can do about it! She does actually eat, I promise! LOL

torontokids
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, make a fruit salad and be done with it! My husband never liked sweets as a child and his parents made him a cake out of homemade pate. Sounds disgusting to me but he loved it.