PDA

View Full Version : Ikea highchair...feedback ?

Dreamalittledream
02-07-2014, 07:37 AM
My booster seats are looking tired and am debating replacing them with the $19.99 Ikea ones (with add on $5 tray). Anyone have them? If so, feedback would be great as I'll be ordering them online and won't get to actually see before I buy.
Questions I have on them:
-I have nook area that I need them to fit in could someone provide the width measurement at the base them (hoping I can fit 2 in the space I need).
-large enough for my 1-1 1/2 year olds?
-easy to clean in the nooks and crannies?
-big enough tray for the littlest ones to paint/color etc. on too?
Thanks so much!

ttremble88
02-07-2014, 07:47 AM
We used these in the daycare center that I worked in a few years back. They are really short compared to the 'standard' highchair (don't have exact measurements) and sturdy. There was no way to adjust the height of the chair, or the depth of the tray, or the angle of the seat. But they got the job done. They should be just fine for your 1.5 year olds, I think that we may have used them for older then that. Easy to wipe out and clean. And although the tray is small, it should fit the bill for the little ones to use as an art tray.

Sassygirl
02-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I have them as well. I have them stacked in the corner of my kitchen. The location at Vaughan Mills has red, blue and white ones. I have used them for crafts at the table as well (without trays). Trays are a little hard to get on and off but other than that, they clean super easy.
You can get the pads to go around the seat for the smaller kiddos so they don't slide out.

Dreamalittledream
02-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Oh that's awesome, they stack together? Sold!

superfun
02-07-2014, 09:35 AM
I use these high chairs, I'll try to measure one today. I bought tables from ikea that I installed onto the wall, so I made the tables the perfect height for the high chairs. I don't like the tray for eating but it might be good for crafts?

Dreamalittledream
02-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks superfun:)