PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Sunny Day
02-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi

I need yours opinion on this....last week one of my dck mom drop him off in the morning telling me that he throw up last night but now he is ok.....it was crazy that morning i had one more parent dropping a baby at the some time and she just left. He throw up again 25 min later....I called her explain she was back in very annoyed...Than i explain her my sick policy which is you need to keep him home for 24 hours her respond WHATEVER and than she stops talking to me and she left....I send her a long text about lack of respect for me no respond....She show up Monday like nothing happened so i told her that we need to talk i told her how i feel about her respond was how much tv he is watching her and that she feels like Im not talking to her just on her and she is not prepare for that conversation, than she left...Just to mention his son is the one who pushing, biting, hitting kids. What do I do? Thank you

Lou
02-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Everyone has their own way of dealing with this kind of BS (fuming for you by the way), but in MY house in MY daycare this kind of disrespect is in excusable and would result in issuing her 2 weeks notice of termination. You (like adults do) tried to discuss this with her in a mature way, and she further disrespected you. Bye bye.

Lou
02-10-2014, 01:29 PM
And it sounds like your whole atmosphere will improve with a problem child gone. I would have a letter ready for pick up. (((hugs))) to you.

Busy ECE mommy
02-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Very rude. Dropping off sick is strike number one, and rudeness is number two. Start looking for a replacement. Extremely disrespectful.

Crayola kiddies
02-10-2014, 01:42 PM
she says "WHATEVER" ????? what is she 12? pffttt !!!! no no no no ......NEXT......

mickyc
02-10-2014, 02:30 PM
wow!

I know it isn't easy to just terminate. I personally would not have sent her an email about respect. The second the child threw up I would have called and said (in a not so nice tone) that you need to come pick up your child ASAP. When she picked up I would have said that my policy states 24 hours and that the child needs to stay home. I would not talk about it again later on, I would deal with it right at the moment. I updated my contract saying that failure to follow my sick policy could result in termination.

I had a parent once send their son to daycare sick. The boy threw up all over the table at snack time. I was fuming when dad picked up. I told him quite harshly that next time his son doesn't feel well he needs to stay home. It was maybe a month or so after that they gave their notice. Good riddance.

mimi
02-10-2014, 02:42 PM
so you try to discuss this issue in a mature fashion and she counters with a query regarding how much tv he watches? What does one have to do with the other? The "whatever" would have sent me packing up the child's things and sending them on their way for good. Blatant disrespect accompanied with violating my sick policy is grounds for immediate termination

Sassygirl
02-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Onto the next one.

That is total disrespect for you, your business and all the other children and their families that are in your care.
A stomach virus can spread like wildfire which (depending on if you charge for sick days or not) can be quite costly in many ways.
Let us know what happens.
I have one of my newbies off today who was sick throwing up last night. I am tempted to tell mom to keep him home tomorrow to be safe. I am 34 weeks pregnant and also do not charge for sick days so if he comes back and infect me and my daycare I could lose a weeks worth of fees.

Secondtimearound
02-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I just do not understand how dcp can disrespect the person who is looking after their child !! I mean who pisses off a nurse before she gives you a shot ? Or is rude to the hairdresser as you sit down for a cut ??? I'm not suggesting for one moment just because she was rude you wouldn't give your very best care but this is where she is leaving her child !! As most mothers know it is more difficult to do all the extras ie crafts ect when you are stressed out from a rude encounter with a dcp !!
The biggest draw back to the job sometimes is dealing with parents ! In my experience what happens next is they use your dayhome until they find another and then drop you ! So I would give notice ! If she is comfortable saying 'whatever' to your face I can imagine things could go bad fast .
The fact she brought up tv time is her way of saying she isn't satisfied with your care so I would end the potential drama ! I now have added in my contract any disrespect or bad attitudes can and will be cause for immediate termination . I know it's hard to terminate and then replace but believe me I've done it twice now and have only improved my dayhome !!
Good luck ��

mom-in-alberta
02-10-2014, 04:23 PM
She lost me at "Whatever".... That is an UNACCEPTABLE response amongst grown adults having a serious conversation.
Good luck finding a daycare that will take your puking child, lady!!