PDA

View Full Version : Potty training, tips, thoughts, general comments

Naftafia
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone,
My little 18 month old girl was completely clean for 2 weeks and no longer! She basically started being interested in the toilet and was asking to use the toilet for her bowel movements. From there, her diaper was clean between her visits to the toilet so the parents and I decided to go ahead with the potty training. She does not ask to go to the toilet often, but if I put her on approximately 5 times during the day, she was completely clean. Now I find that I am putting her more often and she is always peeing in her diaper between toilet breaks. As she is only 18 months old she does not completely understand toileting. I don't know what happened. Any thoughts?
Please feel free to share any general potty training tips as well, as I am sure it is a challenge that everyone deals with.

Sarah A
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I am new to the whole potty training process too! I would just be consistent on putting her on the toliet after meals and when she wakes up. Just keep the parents in the loop of what's going on at your place.

I found the Pullups Potty Training DVD to be very helpful http://www.pull-ups.com/na/potty_training_DVD.a spx