PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Suggestions

5 Little Monkeys
03-13-2014, 10:26 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a triple or quad stroller but am looking for opinions. Which ones do you suggest? Not like? Do you prefer the side by sides or the single row ones?

Also where have you purchased these strollers and what was the approximate cost? I'm specifically looking in MB but would consider other places if online is an option. I have looked online in MB and only came across one used one. Not sure where in MB sells new ones.

I have used a side by side quad in the dc centres and it was okay other than the handle was kind of funny. For those who have used both, is one easier to push than the other?

Polkaroo
03-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Happy Friday 5LM!

My little ones are mostly 2 and under and I have to walk through busy streets to get to parks around so because I didn't want to worry I decided to invest in a 6 seater stroller (I have my own ds in addition to dcb). After 6 months of looking I chose the Angeles Runabout. It's huge but I love it so far. There are many reasons why I chose this one.

you can remove seats when not in use
no air tires = no flat tires
easy in snow
included canopy and sun shade
parts can be replaced individually when worn (ie straps)
turns corners easily
nap bars in case they fall asleep
seats reclines

Here is the link:
http://www.angelesstore.com/index.php/RunAbout-Stroller-–-NEW/angelesr-runaboutr-6-passenger-stroller.html

I ordered it through a local store called All About Kids. It was the cheapest place I could find it and because it was local I didn't have to pay a shipping fee. If comes assembled so it's HUGE!

I called daycare centers that had ordered them to see how they liked it before ordering it and they all loved it. I was also looking at cheaper ones but they weren't as solid.

It also comes in a quad (cheaper than the 6seater). I paid $1375+taxes for the 6 seater. Very expensive but worth it in my view. Especially since the used ones I found we're selling for $1350 since most places sell them for $1800. These also have a great resale value so you are sure to get good money for it when you decide to sell it.

The stores website is :
http://www.allaboutkids.inf o/

I love this store.

Hope this helps!

5 Little Monkeys
03-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Happy Friday as well!! :)

Thanks for that post, very helpful! I already have a double stroller and it's not often I have more than 2 that can't do the walk anyways but I thought it would be nice to have for those days when I do. Luckily, parks and the splashparks are close by (all within a 5 minute walk....10-15 with dck walkers lol) Because they are so expensive I am trying to decide if it's worth my money. I found a daycare that is selling a quad one for $500 and it's 3 years old and looks to be in great condition. It's 2-2.5 hours from me though so.....we'll see! haha.

superfun
03-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Where is it located 5LM? I know a lot of people with trucks that might be able to help with transport. Also, if you decide you aren't going to buy it, could you send me the pictures? I have a stroller that holds 3 kids, but the walks to school can be a pain. Do these big strollers fit through doorways?

5 Little Monkeys
03-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the offer superfun, very nice of you! It is located in Wpg and my aunt and uncle live close to there and have a truck so I would just get them to pick it up :) But thank you!!

I will email you the kijijji ad! This one is a single row one so it would fit through doorways. Are you interested in selling your triple stroller? ;) I just put a WTB ad on the local classifieds lol.

Polkaroo
03-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Where is it located 5LM? I know a lot of people with trucks that might be able to help with transport. Also, if you decide you aren't going to buy it, could you send me the pictures? I have a stroller that holds 3 kids, but the walks to school can be a pain. Do these big strollers fit through doorways?

This one does. Another reason I purchased this one.

Polkaroo
03-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah its a hard decision to make. I always prefer to buy used but couldn't find one that fit my needs other than the one I purchased but they were asking the same price as a new. Decided the extra few $ were definitely worth the warranty. Good luck with your purchase!

5 Little Monkeys
03-14-2014, 09:32 AM
That's a good point purple bunny....warranty! I usually buy used too but for bigger items I do usually end up buying new for that reason. I was looking at the walmart.com site and they have a few triple and quad strollers for very, very reasonable prices! We shop across the border often so I may just look into those ones.

I just did my taxes yesterday and owe a fair amount so I might hold off on this purchase until summer, lol.

Kellybelly83
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to find a link but of course I can't... I saw this one stroller sold in MB on kijiji, and it was a four seater stroller wagon. It looked awesome! And it was super affordable. Someone on here had the link posted and said they got it from a Mennonite seller I think? It would be worth it to look into since you live in the area. If I still lived in sask I would have driven there for one lol! But I'm in Alberta now....

5 Little Monkeys
03-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Kellybelly, your comment reminded me of something! Last Fall I went to a hutterite sale and I seem to remember them having quad strollers but I can't really remember!! I think I will see if I can get in touch with them and ask if they have any.

If you come across the link for the mennonite one, I would be interested in looking at it! Thanks :)

Kellybelly83
03-14-2014, 11:04 PM
It may have been Hutterite lol, my mommy brain changes thing on me sometimes ;) It was like a wagon, but it had a big handle like a stroller, and buckles for 4 kids I think. I'm pretty sure it was only $250, so definitely worth looking for! It had huge wheels and it wasn't super wide. I had it saved in my kijiji ads but they must have the ad down right now because it's not there anymore. Maybe they will post a new ad when they have more stock.

5 Little Monkeys
03-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I can't for the life of me remember what these ones looked like that I saw at the colony. They weren't for sale, it was the mom's pushing them but maybe they sell or know someone who does sell them. Thanks for tip!

Polkaroo
03-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Are you referring to the Turtle Bus 5LM?
http://edushop.edu4kids.com/images///allprods/WIN800_L.jpg

If so they stopped making these, pulled off the market a while ago. I know because I looked everywhere to buy one and a supplier in the US advised me.

Or something like this?

http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Go-Go-Babyz-Wagon-Stroller-Cart/8473645/product.html

Polkaroo
03-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Here is the actual website of Winther:

http://www.a-winther.com/pages/turtle_kiddy_bus/turtle_kiddy_bus.php

5 Little Monkeys
03-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the links purple bunny! None of those look familiar though. I think the ones the Hutterite's have are homemade. Well not that the Hutterites homemade is the same as our homemade LOL They looked like something you would buy from a quality store.

Spixie33
03-16-2014, 06:56 PM
I would recommend the quad runabout. I like that they are in a straight line so you can get through doors and narrow spaces and use only half the sidewalk.

I can easily go through snow and rain and love the weather cover for rain and cold.

I also like the new quads have a removable 4th seat so you could make it a three seater or 4 seater depending on what you want.

I ordered my stroller from Roger Berg in the US. A quad runabout is about $1500

5 Little Monkeys
03-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks spixie! That is the stroller I am looking at :) I found a used one for $425 so I think if it's still available that will be the one I will get.

5 Little Monkeys
03-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know the weight of this stroller? I have read about it online but for some reason can't seem to see it anywhere?

5 Little Monkeys
03-24-2014, 08:43 PM
So I decided to buy the quad runabout that I found on kijijji. It came with the sun/rain/etc cover. I haven't used it with the kids yet because yet again, we are in a cold snap :( I haven't looked at it too closely so I'm not sure if the 4th seat is removable but that would be cool if it does! It pushes with incredible ease though and isn't as big as I was expecting so I won't feel like a freak pushing my mini gang ;) Thanks for the helpful advice!!

Polkaroo
03-25-2014, 05:30 AM
Nice ! I know you will love it! I feel like a freak pushing a mini gang...the 6 seater is huge!...lol

Busy ECE mommy
03-25-2014, 06:26 AM
The Runabout is awesome! And easy to push in winter too! I had the foundations quad before, and had to sell it because it was too heavy and couldn't manage with the snow. Have ordered replacement parts with Runabout too, and there was no problem with Roger Berg.

5 Little Monkeys
03-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Nice ! I know you will love it! I feel like a freak pushing a mini gang...the 6 seater is huge!...lol

Yes, the 6 seater looks massive!! And did I see an 8 seater??

pink
03-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Do not get a quad foundation stroller. Very hard to push, I would get the runabout, excellent stroller :)

Polkaroo
03-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Yes, the 6 seater looks massive!! And did I see an 8 seater??

Yep! But i have the Angeles Runabout, different than the one you have. It's similar.... it is huge! but I love it as I will be able to out all my little ones + my ds. But I'm sure I look like a freak! Lol

I contacted Roger Berg, but with shipping and border fees, it was way too expensive for me.

5 Little Monkeys
03-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Well I will promise not to stare at you while I drive by ;)

danaavrams
02-27-2015, 01:46 PM
What are you saying about this stroller:
https://www.bekid.ro/images/thumbnails/1000/1000/detailed/13/LUNA_Blue.jpg

Do you like it? Is Luna 2in1