PDA

View Full Version : Smearing poop

gravy_train
03-19-2014, 02:55 PM
22 month old dck smeared poop all over the mesh walls of the playpen (mine). How on earth do I clean it? And, how do I address this so it doesn't happen again?

Smomsy
03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Ugh. I took mine outside and used soap, a bucket of hot water and a hose. Not sure how to do in winter but I suggest using your tub,

Put dkc in a one piece pjs on backwards. Do not use ones that have snaps. Zipper is better.

This stage does not last long.

Artsand crafts
03-19-2014, 04:24 PM
That's so gross. It has never happened to me, but I do not think I would have the stomach to clean the playpen. If that ever happened to me I would charge the parents for the cost of the playpen or ask for a replacement, toss it on the garbage and and ask them to bring one piece pjs from then forward.

I have a video monitor, as soon as I listen someone moving around or making noises when it's not wake up time yet I ask the offender to keep quiet and they listen.

5 Little Monkeys
03-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Here's a link to cleaning a playpen. I haven't tried it yet, waiting for summer, but it says you can let it dry in the house too. I would put it in the tub, spray the poop off as much as possible and then do what the link says.

I also like the idea of onesies put on backwards to help prevent this in the future! I've never had this happen and hope it stays that way lol

http://fulltimefrugal.blogs pot.ca/2013/07/how-to-clean-your-playpen.html

Sassygirl
03-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Ewww.
The others gave some great cleaning suggestions.
For me personally though, no matter what if that kind of thing continued I would be terming.
I had a little one 18 months back in Oct who would stick her hand in her mouth and make herself vomit at naptime. She did it twice in a row and was terminated immediately. I simply cannot manage that and the cleanup daily with 3-4 other kiddos.

Lee-Bee
03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Ewww.
The others gave some great cleaning suggestions.
For me personally though, no matter what if that kind of thing continued I would be terming.
I had a little one 18 months back in Oct who would stick her hand in her mouth and make herself vomit at naptime. She did it twice in a row and was terminated immediately. I simply cannot manage that and the cleanup daily with 3-4 other kiddos.

I had a family come through with a little one. The mom said if she is upset and cries he throws up. I kept smiling and filled the place with another child. She was a sweet kid but it's group care, the kid will cry, I will not clean up vomit regularly. I just don't have the man power to be scrubbing vomit off cribs, carpets and kids regularly. It sucks because I know some kids just do that, not willingly, but they just can't be in home daycare (or if they are it's a super saint caregiver!).

bright sparks
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM
It sucks because I know some kids just do that, not willingly, but they just can't be in home daycare (or if they are it's a super saint caregiver!).

lol or with respect "super stupid caregiver" Some of my kindest moments towards others are my stupidest choices. Some of us just won't learn though :rolleyes: