PDA

View Full Version : Needing opinions please !!!!

Secondtimearound
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I have a little , fenced yard . It is the shape of a L , with the little end being all deck and the long end being grass with a concrete walk way . I started in September and had ride ons for the walk way area , wagons ect and on the deck I had put mats down and had a big sandbox with canopy and slide and crawl toy as well as a little tike spinner ( 2 kids sit and wheel in the middle to spin themselves )
My question is do you think if I moved the sandbox to the side and just had the ride on toys , parents might be upset ? I wanted to put my lawn furniture on deck and fence off , my plan is to use the park from 10:30 - noon , I only work Monday to Wednesday , and then use the side area from 3- pick up . A fellow dayhome provider thinks dcp would be upset as it may show I'm not fully invested in my dayhome but I am wanting to use my patio furniture !!
What do you think ?
My idea is to have the sandbox at the end of the Yard , my dh cut water drains , my plan is to use the fence as play areas , the water drains as car or ball discovery , a chalkboard area and a painting area . Have the ride on toys out as well .
Is this enough for the last hour everyday ? Does anyone else use the parks ?
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to entertain outside and still have a play area ??

bright sparks
04-02-2014, 03:42 PM
It's sounds absolutely fine to me, I can't imagine why a parent would be unhappy with the change.

Wonderwiper
04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't see the issue?

You have toys and will still have the sandbox? Seems fine to me!!

I have a massive deck and the kids aren't allowed on it at all ha ha!! We have swing set, playhouses, climber, sandbox etc. down on the grass.

Secondtimearound
04-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I think because the play space is very small , if I was guessing 6 ft wide by 20 ft ? Not big enough for slide, and it would only be sandbox and fence area activities , plus ride ons ?

5 Little Monkeys
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
I think it would be fine. Parents that would have an issue with this need to realize that we run HOME daycares.... when it's not dc hours, it's our home! If you want to have your deck dc free and use it to entertain without toys and such laying around, go for it!!

I unfortunately have a small backyard and it's all dc space. I put away all the toys at the end of the day (except for the 2 structures and kids picnic table) so that when we have people over, we have somewhere to sit without tripping on toys. I also have a stupid firepit in the middle of my yard (other half likes it) and none of the parents have ever said anything about that.

I have 3 school parks, 1 public park and a splash park all within a 5-10 minute walk from me so I utilize those as much as I can in the summer months.

Wonderwiper
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
For me, being outside is enough!! While I do have large play structures/house etc. I think kids can amuse themselves just fine with balls, bubbles, trucks, chalk, bug nets or similar just fine. I only have one ride on (little coupe) and it's never been an issue. A big rubbermaid bin full of small "stuff" will keep them amused for ages.

mickyc
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
It is your yard so do as you please. As long as the kids have toys to play, a space to run then good enough. It is still your home. You don't run a daycare 24 hours a day so why should the whole space be for daycare?

Also on a side note - I hate sandboxes and would never have one for daycare kids lol

Secondtimearound
04-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Lol !!! They are so much fun !! Mines covered and I put clean new sand each year ( I'm OCD !) my dd loves it !! This year we are going with pink sand !!!

5 Little Monkeys
04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I am really close to a sandy playground so I have never bothered with sand in my yard. However, I saw a pinterest idea that I want to try this year. It's a pop up tent with sand in it! It zips up so it won't get wet and animals can't get in it and use it as their personal washroom.

Secondtimearound
04-02-2014, 10:55 PM
That sounds fun !!!! I love Pinterest !!!!!

playfelt
04-03-2014, 09:42 AM
I am looking to enlarge my sand area and have considered getting one of those sunshade canopy things and the curtains on the sides for the bugs and was hoping with the curtains pulled it might keep the animals out. Although thinking a tarp that covers and just ties to the four posts of the canopy is probably a better way to go although the curtains would help contain the mess with only one opening for kids in and out.

daycaremom9
04-04-2014, 12:07 AM
We just had new flooring installed and it already has scratches in it from the sandbox. I've been laying down a tablecloth and having the kids take their boots off on the tablecloth. I'm wondering if having a stand-up sandbox would prevent the damage on the floor?