PDA

View Full Version : How much snot is too much?

Shannie
04-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I have a dcb who just got here 20 min ago and I am literally following him around wiping his nose. if I don't get to him fast enough he wipes with his hands and it's stringing everywhere. So gross. Anyways. His temp is 37.8. So close to my policy of 38 degrees goes home. what would you do?

bright sparks
04-03-2014, 09:47 AM
It's a cold and is a pain in the ass but doesn't warrant being sent home. 38 isn't even classed as a fever. The normal range is 36-38 depending on the individual. Just part of the job, as long as it is clear and the kid isn't haven't projectile sneezes or anything then you are going to have to just shadow him, sucks but such is life. I'd be pretty annoyed as a parent if is as called out of work to collect my child who simply had a runny nose even if it is constant and annoying.

Shannie
04-03-2014, 10:17 AM
He was sneezing snot across the room and everytime he sneezed it was a big yellow blob, then the clear non stop run. His eyes glazed over and he wouldn't get off the couch so I called mom. She almost went to the er with a fever last night herself. I wish spring would arrive and these colds would just die. lol

bright sparks
04-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Funny how vital it is to include those details in your original post to give a more accurate picture. That is different than just a runny nose.

mickyc
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
If they are not well enough to participate in a full day of activities they should be at home. I had one mom come this morning and then ended up taking her child home with her.

5 Little Monkeys
04-03-2014, 01:58 PM
All of my kids have minor colds right now and wiping snotty noses is getting really annoying (and gross).....but it's my job lol. They have nothing that would warrant me sending them home. I do have a fairly new set of parents (they've been here since Feb) who tell me every morning to call them if I think he needs to go home but I haven't called them yet....as I haven't needed too.

It sucks yes, but it comes with the job. I'm glad it sorted itself out for you though :) Hopefully he is okay and doesn't get a fever!