PDA

View Full Version : Kids Music

FS2011
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering how many of you put kids music on during the day? Just to listen while playing, during cleanup or just to sing and dance? Do you have recommendations for any CDs? How do you feel about playing bible songs? Do you think I should get permission first from the parents to play bible songs?

Katskids
09-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi!

For my own sanity, I have the regular radio playing in the background all the time!! It is my mini link to the adult world and allows for spontaneous dancing whenever a catchy song comes on! When we are 'crazy dancing' as my kids call it, I put on fun kids music. I don't have an opinion on the religious music but it may be best to check with parents as some people may feel very strongly about this! In general, I think playing music for kids is great, my kids love singing and dancing!

Skysue
09-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering how many of you put kids music on during the day? Just to listen while playing, during cleanup or just to sing and dance? Do you have recommendations for any CDs? How do you feel about playing bible songs? Do you think I should get permission first from the parents to play bible songs?

Hi,

We play Fun songs, Silly songs, Toddler songs, all available at Walmart for like $4.99 each you get 50 songs in each set. I also show Raffi DVD's and Raffi CD's we dance and dress up and play instuments. The kids love it! I play Bible songs too and haven't asked permission but I play Life 103 all day anyway so if anyone had a problem I'm sure they would have said something!

zen39
09-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I play music in the background all day, all types. At quiet times, before nap I play the rockabye lullabyes...it's music set to a lullaby tune...you can get anything from U2 to bob marley to nine inch nails...i love it!! Mostly download mine from you tube to my ipod and play it for the dck...I'll play classical music (on low) at quiet times as well. For fun, fast dance, we listen to any kids music collection...

As for bible songs...I would check with parents, I'm sure most won't care but there may be some who would prefer that you didn't.

Play and Learn
09-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Upstairs we listen to Galaxie Jukebox Oldies, and downstairs we listen to kids CDs and celtic music - cause that's what's in the basement!

Kids Cds:
-Sharon, Lois & Bram
-Sandra Beech
-Marie Soleil - Le Clowne Samual
-Anne Murray - There's a Hippo in my Tub

And I'm going to be getting my old records from my parents as I bought a turntable.

mom-in-alberta
09-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Yup... biiiiiig fans of music around here, even just for happy background noise.
I will put on the radio, but I am careful about what station. A lot of the "cool" stations that play top 40 hits have taken to not editing (or at least not the way I would!). I find the country station good, or our local smaller station.
We also listen to music on our satellite TV stations. If we want to have a dance party, I put it on the "kids" station and turn it waaaaay up. They love it, because the screen goes blank and they can see themselves dancing! Too cute. Sometimes I will just have it on quietly, too.
At naptime, I will listen to the satellite stations also, depending on what mood I am in, haha. There is a really relaxing "nature" one, for when I feel like we need some calming down in the house. Or jazz, classical, anything current, etc.
If you are looking for CDs; WalMart or your other stores will definitely have them. You can buy the Wiggles, Raffi, all your basics. Or compilations. And don't forget the library!! It's a good way to find out if it's a CD/ group that the kids will like.

sunnydays
09-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I play all types of music from all kinds of different countries, as well as some kids music. I would think you should ask about the bible songs as some parents may not be happy about their kids coming home singing them depending on their own religious beliefs.

Sandbox Sally
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
We have music playing all day as well. It's usually from the digital tv box, and they have a children's station as well as many local radio stations. My 11 yo daughter is now homeschooled, therefore with us all the time, so the little ones are being exposed more and more to her top 40 dance stuff.

I often forget that the kid station is on long after the daycare kids are gone for the day, and will sometimes realize with shock, hours later, that I am bopping my head to Itsy bitsy spider or some such nonsense. :)

Melanie
08-02-2022, 01:18 PM
Can you tell me where else there is a lot of free children's music available for download (besides YouTube)?