PDA

View Full Version : Ugh Another Cancelled Interview!

CrazyEight
04-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I suppose I should count my blessings that they cancelled on me BEFORE I wasted time actually meeting with them, but this is the second time in 2 weeks I've had someone cancel the day of. I just got an email and I was supposed to meet with them tonight at 6. My house is extra clean, extra copies of my contract are ready, etc etc...I'm just annoyed!

Both sets of parents have sounded like exactly the kind of clients I want, too...considerate, planning childcare in advance (both have wanted a space in September), really liking my ad, and I was pretty excited to meet with them.

They both had legitimate reasons, one didn't realize that their child has to go the public school that is closest to them, which isn't the one I do school runs to, and one just got a space in a center that is on the way to mom's work, and apparently already has the child's cousin, so I understand, I'm just feeling pretty discouraged.

Back to advertising again...

Other Mummy
04-09-2014, 01:02 PM
At least they had the decency to cancel your meeting. I'm trying to fill 2 spots :ohmy: I had an interview last week. They did not show up, call or email to let me know they weren't coming. Just as well, I would not want a client like that in my daycare. But still...UGH...I hate this part of the job.

CrazyEight
04-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Me too...but you're right, at least they let me know - it's a catch 22 though, because people that are that considerate are the ones I want! :)

I just got an enquiry and have set up an interview for tomorrow now, really hoping this one pans out!

Other Mummy
04-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you CrazyEight :) Let us know how it goes.

CrazyEight
04-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Aaaaand they just postponed until Monday. Something tells me I'm not going to end up even meeting this family, let alone sign them on. Her email said she needs to postpone because "her interview got changed to next week." Red flag much??? I was told she was "going back to work," and already knew what days and hours she would need for care. Now she says she has an interview?
I'll meet with them if they end up actually showing up, but I've pretty much written them off. Damn! I really need to fill this spot!