PDA

View Full Version : Almost Friday....How's your week been?

5 Little Monkeys
04-10-2014, 05:54 PM
The sun is shining, the snow is melting, the days are getting warmer......I think Spring has finally decided to grace us with her presence!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :)

Tomorrow is Friday and I just wanted to know how everyone's week has gone?? I really can't complain....it's been a great week! I have a new little boy starting April 21st so until then I have had lower numbers (2 and 3 kids per day). We went to a Fair last Friday, went shopping and to Mcdonalds playplace on Tuesday, picked up some daycare toys and Mcdonalds playplace again today and had lunch there for a treat! Tomorrow we will be doing another outing, haven't decided what yet though. Next week will be my last slower week for a bit so we will likely do one or two outings then as well. Maybe a pool outing? Where do you like to go when you go on a field trip?

I am sooooo glad that the weather is finally nice enough that we can get out 1-2x a day and the kids are loving it! My backyard is still pretty wet so we have just been using the driveway for the ride on's and a slide but that works well because the ride on's are much more enjoyable for them on the cement.

So tell me, what are the good things that have been going on in your life lately??

ttremble88
04-10-2014, 06:27 PM
14 sleeps until baby arrives!!! :woot:

I am not sure if the count down is making the days go by faster or slower...lol. But the sun has finally started to melt things, which puts everyone is a better mood!

On another plus note, I almost have my almost 2.5 year old potty trained! Yay!

On a bummer note, I found out yesterday that after I return from my 2 weeks off, my full timer is not returning due to a move. :(

CrazyEight
04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
I had a quiet easy day today as I'm down in numbers at the moment and the little guy I normally have along with my daughter was home sick with a fever and mom decided to keep his brother (b/a school) so I only had my OWN kids until after school, when I only had one extra. And we were able to play outside this afternoon, the weather was finally nice!
The same little guy is supposed to get picked up early tomorrow for a hearing test, so either way (if he's still sick or not) I'll get a shorter day. I actually really missed having him around, but it was nice to have some quality time with my youngest by herself, something we never get to do.

I've got 2 new siblings starting next week, so enjoying the quiet before it's over.
Happy Springtime everyone!

5 Little Monkeys
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Tremble...14 days and one potty trained....awesome!! ! I hope the delivery goes well!

Crazy eight...I love the quieter, easier days. Enjoy yours!

Polkaroo
04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Hey 5LM! Glad to hear your having a fabulous week! I have also been having a great week. I had a new dcb in her second week of transition so she's here 3 days this week. She cried A LOT yesterday (she hadn’t slept the night before) so I was glad when my day was over. Other than that it was a fantastic week.

Today I only had 2 kids + my ds so it was a nice "quiet" day. I started taking the kids for a walk in the stroller every morning this week after breakfast, when we come back we play outside until lunch. The kids and I have been loving it! It kicks off our day to a fresh positive start. We even went in the rain on Tuesday (they were full of mud :) ). Today they had a great time with chalk, sidewalk paint, blowing bubbles and playing with the ride ons.

I've only taken my dck on one outing, an indoor jungle gym place. I haven't insured the dck with my auto insurance so for now I won't be bringing them anywhere unless I can walk. I might be revisiting that next year. I'm still unsure how I feel about that. Buying all the proper car seats, the additional monthly cost of insurance. We'll see! But if I do, I plan on taking them to museums (we have an agricultural museum that has lots of farm animals), play groups, huge outdoor pirate park (3 story high), and the list goes on. I can walk to s few awesome parks, splash pads, indoor gym, library. So I'm sure I'll be busy walking to those.

Hope everyone is having a great week and best of all a great weekend!

5 Little Monkeys
04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I've actually always had the highest insurance on my vehicle because I used to take clients in my car when I did healthcare. Buying the car seats was definitely an expense but I managed to buy 3 on sale plus a booster seat. Our car now has 2 built in booster seats but I very rarely have kids who aren't in car seats. I really enjoy outings and unfortunately am not within walking distance to places other than parks and an ice cream restaurant! Lol

The fair we went to was an agriculture one and the 2 girls I took loved the petting zoo! We like going to the library too but don't really have any museums :(

cfred
04-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Ravaged by Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease :(

There's no need to say any more than TGIF!!!!!

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Oh no cfred!!! I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

cfred
04-11-2014, 10:38 AM
You betcha.....have a line up of cheesy 80s horror flicks and very nice bottle of red awaiting me tomorrow night. Tonight - Mothers' Dinner at the new gastro pub. Bring on the relaxation :D

Hope everyone's got an excellent weekend in the works!!!

Polkaroo
04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Ravaged by Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease :(

There's no need to say any more than TGIF!!!!!

My dcb had that last month ! Not fun. Luckily I caught it the first hour she was here, called mom and told her she couldn't come until it cleared, she was gone the whole week.

I am NOT having the best Friday. My newest dcb is in her second week of integration, today is her 3rd full day this week, and she's been crying the whole day! I have another dcg who is doing everything I'm telling her not to do. It's my bday today, and it seams to be the worst day of daycare this week lol....but it's Friday !!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a MUCH better day that I am. It's beautiful out there. Happy weekend everyone :)

cfred
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Happy Birthday! It was my birthday on Wed....it sucked too....disinfecting the daycare :( All better now though as I got spoiled rotten by family, friends and clients. Hope your birthday turns around for you too :)

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday Purple Bunny!!! And Belated Happy Birthday to you too Cfred!! Hopefully you both have better birthday weekends!

My Friday has been great so far. I only have 2 today so I did my grocery shopping so my weekend is free. My fiance works evenings so he came out for lunch with us. They ended up only charging us for one children's meal, not sure why but they knew they did because the told us lol. It was a buffet restaurant and the kids definitely got their money's worth (a whole $1.99 for the two of them!) I also had a few people tell me how well behaved my "children" were so that was nice to hear :)

They are both in bed now and I'm thinking about laying down on the couch too! We have a wedding social to go to this weekend but other than that, it's going to be relaxing. They are calling for a lot of snow and blizzard like conditions from the sounds of it so I really really hope they are wrong!

superfun
04-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Today should have been an easy day for us, since the loudest dcb isn't here today. However, my daughter must have decided that since she turns two today, she is going to whine and cry ALL DAY! And the youngest dcb is getting some new teeth, so he's grumpy. I wish I was relaxing this weekend, instead of hosting a birthday party. :(

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want too!!" :p

superfun
04-11-2014, 02:56 PM
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want too!!" :p

My thoughts exactly!

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
OHHH my day got even better!! I have to travel to another city to get cortisone shots for my back pain and it's roughly 2 hours from here. I have an appointment for May there but than my future ones will be done here because they opened up a pain clinic!!! I don't have to close for the day anymore!!

Polkaroo
04-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Thx 5LM and cfred! And happy belated bday cfred!

Today was so bad. The little girl didn't stop
...at all! I had to bring her in her playpen at the end of the day because I thought she was going to hurt herself at one point. She lost it when I went up to change another dcb diaper. But one dcp showed up with a gift, wine and a beautiful card. Made my day. And my husband got me beautiful flowers too. I'm still completely exhausted and REALLY hope that this baby will be better next week. Not sure how much more screaming I can handle.

Drinking my wine already! Happy weekend!

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 06:32 PM
It's amazing how wine and flowers can cheer us up!

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 08:16 PM
It just keeps getting better! I have a meeting set up for Monday morning for my part time spot that has been open for a couple of months! :) I have had almost zero interest in it but a current parent has a coworker who is looking for care. I had considered not filling it but the extra money is just too tempting right now after I just paid my $2300 tax bill! Lol

Polkaroo
04-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Great news 5LM! I'm sure they will take it! Congrats! Now it's your turn to have a glass of wine ;)

5 Little Monkeys
04-11-2014, 08:21 PM
I wish I had the kind I liked! Tomorrow we are going to a wedding social (mb tradition) and are having people over for a few pre-drinks so I will celebrate then!