PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

CountryMommy
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a dayhome provider for a whopping 3 weeks! :laugh:

I live in southern Alberta and am a licensed dayhome provider. I am a mommy of two beautiful children. My son is 3 years old and my daugher is 8 months old. I currently have two part time girls (siblings) in my care; a 3 year and a 13 month old.

I've been working out the kinks on my own but I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for you to answer. ;)

Can't wait to learn from all of you! :)

Play and Learn
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello CountryMommy! We're here to help each other out, and give tidbits of info that has helped us.

Hopefully you have a manual that the parents follow and have gotten them each to sign a contract, after that it's pretty easy going!

Katskids
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi and welcome!! I have been open for just over 4 months and have found this to be a very valuable forum.....even if just a means to have contact with the outside world, ha ha!

CountryMommy
09-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks, both of you. :)

mom-in-alberta
09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey CountryMommy, welcome!! I am also in southern Alberta. I have been running a dayhome for a little over a year now, although I am currently off for this month to have our fourth child. Will be re-opening at the beginning of October.
I have found this forum INVALUABLE since joining a few months ago. Love being able to get advice from other providers, or even just let off some steam about my day. Only someone else who wipes bums and noses ALL DAY LONG really understands, hahaha.
See you around!

Sandbox Sally
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome from me too! I am new to the daycare business as well this year. I have four daycare kids, ages 14 months, 17 months, and two 2 year olds, and have three kids of my own, ages 11, 9 and 7.

I have been on this forum since May, and have found the women on here to be very supportive and knowledgeable.

mlc1982
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome! I too, can't say enough good things about this forum! It`s nice to have outside contact, especially with people who know what you go through on a daily basis!