PDA

View Full Version : Spaceline cots

Samantha33
04-15-2014, 04:50 PM
So I've decided to order the spaceline cots as they take less room than the cots I have now and the ones I have now are old, (not falling apart or anything, just old) and take up a lot of room in my storage area. My question is do I order the Standard size or Toddlers size. I want to make sure they will be long enough. Does anyone use cots like this? If so are they standard or toddler? would you have ordered Standard if you would have known you needed longer?

And thank you ladies for bearing with me yesterday. I was really down, but today for some reason I have more spunk. I hope it continues.

5 Little Monkeys
04-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I hope it continues as well!!

I don't have those cots but are these the ones you are looking at....http://www.angelesstore.com/index.php/SpaceLine%C2%AE-Cots-Accessories/spacelinecots.html? Those are the ones that I have seen in the centres I have worked in. I am not sure if they were standard or toddler but I would assume standard so they fit a wide range of children?

These are the ones I recently got after doing some research and actually found a thread here on dcbear from google! They are a bit cheaper and so far I really love them! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-Cot-Travel-Bed/4433186 I live really close to the border so I just picked them up there.

Samantha33
04-15-2014, 06:35 PM
These are definitely my second choice. I just don't know the setup time. Maybe you can tell me how long to set up each bed including putting sheets on....like 30 seconds, a minute, two minutes??

5 Little Monkeys
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
10 seconds, if that! Lol. I keep the sheets on and just fold up and down when needed. They fold up like those camping chairs.

Samantha33
04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Wow, do you store them in the bags after every use? Where do you buy the sheets to fit?

5 Little Monkeys
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
No I don't use the bags and they come with one sheet each :) the kids can fold them up and down too and I just tuck them near the wall if I want the space, sometimes I just leave them folded down.

Samantha33
04-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Thank you. Love them. These are definitely for me.

5 Little Monkeys
04-15-2014, 07:36 PM
I am really happy with them and glad I took the advice I got in a past thread on them :) hope you like them too!

Polkaroo
04-16-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm curious to know how old you start using cots vs playpen ? I currently have a 2.5 yo dcg in a cot because her playpen was a newborn size! But she doesn't move an inch. She listens so well. I'm not sure my ds and other dcb would do as well.

Polkaroo
04-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Oh and thank you for the idea! I'll definitely be getting these when the time comes. I got one used but it's the stack able kind. I. Think I'd like these much better!

5 Little Monkeys
04-16-2014, 07:37 AM
If they are not potty trained and space isn't an issue, I admit I don't worry about transitioning to a cot. However, I was getting tired of play pens and I had one, 2.5, who was potty trained so I put her on the cots. The other one was just under 2 and they both did great!! They never get off them and get into things which was a concern of mine.

Next week I have a young group, 15 months to 2.5 years so the play pens are back with only one on a cot. I have a 2 year old boy who I am going to transition....thanks for the reminder! Lol.