PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from mat leave :-)

Sassygirl
04-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Hello everyone :-)
I am back in business now after taking a 3 week maternity leave. My daughter was born a week late, was due March 27, ended up taking an extra week maternity leave, was too huge and WAY too uncomfortable to keep working, baby arrived April 3 and then 2 weeks off.
I have to say, I was truly dreading re opening but on day 2 and so far so good! The hubby is home on parental leave until October - possibly may take until December though we will see :-) Yesterday I only had 1 kiddo, today 2, and Wed-Fri will have 3. I also have my own 2 year old son and my older 3 are in school all day.
I also have changed my opinion about those moms who still send their kiddos during maternity leave. Wowza! Even with the hubby home it was VERY difficult to keep my 2 year old entertained when we are both so sleep deprived. He has been so happy to have his little friends back to keep him busy :-)

Lou
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Congratulations!! I came back to work when DS was 9 weeks old and my hubby took a nice long pat leave as well. Glad to hear it's going well, I hope it stays that way for you!

bright sparks
04-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!! :flower:

Teagansmom
04-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Congrats, I hope everything runs smoothly!

Artsand crafts
04-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Congratulations! I'm taking 2 weeks off after delivery in August, too. I'll pay someone to help with daycare and house full time for a few weeks after. My hubby cannot take days off, only the weeks I'm closing.

mimi
04-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Glad to hear you are settling in to the daycare routine again and that your hubby is home and helping.

gravy_train
04-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I hope it continues to go well for you!