PDA

View Full Version : Great news!!!

Sarah
09-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone!

I need to share my joy with you.

I had a hard time finding little monsters for my daycare! I know you suggested not to lower my fees, but I did because I needed the money. In my area, they ask for $50 so I advertised for $40. Even then, I received NO calls so I put it back at $50.

I had 2 playrooms on my first floor. Our bedrooms were in the basement. My hubby got pissed off and said:"it's my house and I want my room upstairs and the daycare in the basement". I was afraid parents wouldn't like that, but I had to listen to my husband as his request was important to him.

So now I have one large playroom in the basement!

I already have a 12 months old starting sept 19th (signed and got a 2 weeks non refundable deposit) and got a visit yesterday for twins (19 months old boys) and they will bring the contract and the 2 weeks deposit monday! Starting oct 12th!

I am so happy. Just hope they wont change their mind this weekend!lol!!!

Sarah

CountryMommy
09-10-2011, 01:08 PM
That's great! I hope everything goes well with the new kids. :)

I also have my dayhome in my basement and I love it. I've got a kitchennette, nap room, play areas, and bathroom all downstairs. We're never in our "living areas" while the dayhome is open and I like that after work I can go upstairs with my kids and everything is calm, and neat, and clean. I can spend some time with my kids, recharge and then go clean up the dayhome and prepare for the next day. I like the fact that when my husband comes home from work before the dayhome is closed he can relax and do his own thing without us being in the way or him interrupting our activities.

mom-in-alberta
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
That is good news, Sarah! Good work, and I guess being patient paid off, lol. :)
Best of luck with your new kiddos, and I am glad you found an arrangement that works for your home and family. Our playroom is currently in the basement, and it doesn't bother any of my clients. I think the set-up itself, how welcoming your actual home is, is more important than the physical space of it.

Sarah
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I am SO excited! You are both right! I had to be patient, and respect my husbands wishes before getting my house full of little kids running around. Oh it's going to be fun! And hard, I know!

You know, I had a daycare in QC, and the kids I was caring for, even though I really liked them, I never felt close to them. But the 3 boys that I will be caring for now, I completely fell in love with. Maybe the parents felt it! That's why they chose me.

I am not saying I didn't like the others, I hope you understand what I mean!

Sarah

Skysue
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Thats great Sarah! I know how hard it is out there I just signed 2 new clients myself! Twins! That's great it's a;ways great when they have a playmate!

Good news about your playroom down stairs, I'm hoping for that one day soon too as it's sooo much work on the main level!

Good luck!

Sarah
09-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Do you have a basement? And why do you find it so much work on the main level?

Sandbox Sally
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Congratulations, Sarah! So happy for you! So is this you at max capacity now? Will you take on more, or is three your limit, like mine?

Sarah
09-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Honestly, the first one starting mid sept will be alone for one month, so great for a slow integration. Than the twins oct 12th, and I will see in Jan if I can take more. So for now until jan, 3 will be full capacity. I still have 2 part time spot listed, but I will take them off I think! Money wise, 3 is pretty good, but 4 -5 would be even better!

lol!!!

Sarah

mlc1982
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Good for you!

Yes, the extra money is always nice, but I think your sanity is even better!! :)

I have two full time and one part time kid. I have an ad out for one more, preferably part time but sometimes I wonder if I really need to fill that spot. I don't want extra stress!!

Skysue
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes i have a basement? I just don't have 20k to finish it?

Daycare on the main level isn't difficult it's just that it's my home and I now have opened my main living space to all my daycare kids. I can't relax at the end of the day knowing it's not 100 % for my family.
Plus my husband can't relax in the morning in our family room due to the kids using the space.

At least if it were in a different space I could enjoy myself more. I'm cleaning every morning at 6am and every night at 6am! If my daycare was in it's own space I would clean it only every morning for the day. I'm not saying I don't clean through out the day but i mean a deep cleaning!

Do you have a basement? And why do you find it so much work on the main level?

Sarah
09-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Good for you!

Yes, the extra money is always nice, but I think your sanity is even better!! :)

I have two full time and one part time kid. I have an ad out for one more, preferably part time but sometimes I wonder if I really need to fill that spot. I don't want extra stress!!

ah yeah you're so right! I'll take it off right after answering you guys! And I'll see if my sanity can take more in jan! But first, let's have the 3 for 3 months, and then decide!

Thanks for the advice!

Sarah
09-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes i have a basement? I just don't have 20k to finish it?

Daycare on the main level isn't difficult it's just that it's my home and I now have opened my main living space to all my daycare kids. I can't relax at the end of the day knowing it's not 100 % for my family.
Plus my husband can't relax in the morning in our family room due to the kids using the space.

At least if it were in a different space I could enjoy myself more. I'm cleaning every morning at 6am and every night at 6am! If my daycare was in it's own space I would clean it only every morning for the day. I'm not saying I don't clean through out the day but i mean a deep cleaning!
I use to have my daycare on my mainfloor, in QC, and I loved it. It is always filled up with toys, but I arranged boxes, that you put on each other, and I was hiding them as soon as the DCK would leave.

You'll get your basement some day, save money!

playfelt
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
We have finished basements in two of our houses and we did on a weekly basis. It took awhile but at least it didn't hurt the pocket book so bad. We decided how much of my income we could spare - two children's worth and then every week we used that money to buy supplies and the week to install them. The walls were framed 10 feet at a time sort of thing, a bag of insulation at a time, that sort of thing but it was also fun to watch it come together.

Sarah
09-12-2011, 10:45 PM
wow these days we are so used to get everything right away, I think you are an exemple of patience...

Nifer
09-13-2011, 07:40 AM
I used to have two play areas on my main floor-livingroom and extra bedroom. But some days was a pain depending on age of children if I had 2 young ones each in a diff room playing it was harder to watch them. We renovated our basement to make one big area (also for family tho-rec room) and like it much better (and will hopefully need the other bedroom soon) Luckily my father did the work and paid for supplies and we're (slowly) paying him back.