PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Aurora!

EmilyMumof4
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I met some mamas doing daycare at our local park today- and they directed me to Daycare Bear! I've been doing daycare for about 3yrs now and am currently taking a partial year off as I just had our 4th baby. I will be re-opening my full time daycare doors in September 2012 but am unable to shut my daycare mind off , while off on "maternity leave" . :o

Play and Learn
09-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Quick question - how long do you take off for your Mat leave, and do you make parents pay somehow?

EmilyMumof4
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Play and Learn- my parents started having cold feet towards the end of my pregnancy, which prompted me to take a leave. I wasn't going to take a leave, was just going to have an assistant come in [actually had a teacher hired to come!] but the parents wondered if I could "handle" having a newborn and still care for their children, so I decided to close completely for a year. So I'll have to start over with new families when I open up again, which is not what I wanted as I had a great group, but..sometimes that's what happens in this business. We all know, there is no loyalty in home daycare, which is unfortunate. I am doing after school care though, starting in October and I've got one part-timer who has stayed with me but otherwise...i've closed completely and will re-open Sept 2012

Play and Learn
09-13-2011, 06:55 AM
oh ok - thanks for sharing that. Once DH and I start having little ones, he wants me back at work, but I would like to stay at home with my own, and watch them grow. I wouldn't mind having b/a school, as they'd only be here for 2 hours max.....