PDA

View Full Version : Are we enjoying spring?

torontokids
05-08-2014, 05:13 PM
There has been a serious lacking of posts this past week. I figure we are all out enjoying the sunshine and have no need to post.

What have you done with the kids this week?

We: went to the park, had a car and bike wash, made giant bubbles, brought out the water table for the season, had a water gun fight, started incubating chicks...those are the highlights so far. Haven't done anything for mothers day yet...just too nice out to be doing crafts.

mimi
05-08-2014, 05:49 PM
We have been doing a lot of crafting for mothers day, but because the weather has been nice, it is taking a lot longer to complete our projects as I am not going to keep the kids inside on a gorgeous day!!!
I am enjoying just watching the kids play and just enjoying being outside again. It is like their batteries are recharging after a long winter.:)

dodge__driver11
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
We have been outside tons, also really busy just in general.

bright sparks
05-08-2014, 07:25 PM
We have had a ton of rain :( add to that parents forgetting shoes and a little one who can walk but chooses not to and won't even stand alone, I did one outdoor time in my back but the grass is to soggy still. We visited emus on Monday when everyone came properly dressed and had a picnic but honestly it's not that warm yet. Tomorrow is gonna be a big difference with humidex of 30 OMG. This coming week some parents are gonna be in for a shock when their child goes home caked in mud. I'll have to move outdoor time to the end of the day which is tricky with the schedule so I don't have to worry about it coming in the house. I understand that finding footwear that is suitable in the very small sizes...14 & 15 months old....can be tricky but it's certainly not impossible as is proven by the parents who manage to dress their children properly. I had a kid show up this week in the same clothes every day, not washed inbetween, and even the same odd socks each day. This is the same family who told me they only bath him once a week, which is fair enough but in the same clothes each day on top of only a weekly bath, seriously. To drop a hint to her I told her that with my kids when they were very little I bathed once or twice max a week but I "topped and tailed" them daily to freshen up. For gods sake get a clue people!!! It's a good job this kid is awesome :)

Lee-Bee
05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes! Loving our outdoor time. It's bone dry here in the yard (not sure how since we have gotten a good chunk of rain). I have 5 children ages 12-17 months. It's a LOT of work to get them all dressed, up the stairs and out to the back yard but we have managed to do it everyday. I only take them out at the end of the day for about an hour then they get picked up out there. I had tried to bring them out earlier in the day but it meant getting them all in AND out on my own and that was more effort than I cared for and just too much transition for the little ones. This new schedule works great. The kiddos see me get their outdoor gear laid out and they come running over and lie down so excited to go out and play!

I have 2 that are not yet walking, I just put an extra pair of socks on and no boots/shoes. They were sitting around thinking they couldn't move when they had shoes on...since switching to doubled socks they are all over the place.

My families are great, they all provided the one piece rain suits, hats and boots I requested and have yet to forget to send them each day.

5 Little Monkeys
05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
It's been pretty rainy this week and last but a few sunny days in between! On the sunny days we have been getting outside twice but on the rainy ones I usually do just once...either a morning walk or letting them splash around in the yard at the end of the day. They've been pretty good with clothing, some days I get runners instead of rubber boots but whatever. I also love those one piece splash outfits!! My back is still killing me and it's making me grouchy and miserable and going outside some days is a real chore!! I have 4 days off next weekend and am getting my cortisone shots and going out to a live theatre show (footsloose) and spending the night in a hotel. Hopefully that takes away my grumpiness....if not, I fear for those around me!! ;)

It's week 3 of transitioning the 2 new ones. They both have done pretty well!! They cry a bit throughout the day and it's been exhausting teaching two young ones the rules at the same time. The part time one has had a couple good drop offs and sleeps great! The full time one still cries at drop off and goes to bed after 5 minutes or less of crying. He is my drooler and it's making me crazy!! I stepped in a puddle of it yesterday and today I put my shoe on and there was a puddle in there too!! (it was crocs lol) I went and bought a teething necklace tonight and will be trying it out tomorrow. I also got him a straw sippy cup and have some other tips to try out! I hope something works because I feel so gross and dirty every day lol. I know it's not his fault but ugggghhhH!!! Mom is sending more bibs and another straw cup tomorrow. She said both her kids were like this so she thought it was normal but I really think this is excessive drooling...at least compared to the hundreds of other kids I've cared for lol. OH well...this too shall pass...

Going to watch the finale of big brother canada now and try to prepare myself for one more day...TGIF tomorrow!!!

Polkaroo
05-09-2014, 07:21 PM
We spend most of the days out, the kids and I love it!I even bring them in the rain to play in puddles. After breakfast I bring them out for a walk in the stroller, they love it. It gives me exercise and the kids love seeing birds rabbits and other creatures. This week I brought them to the park for the first time, it was great! After our walk we come back and play in the backyard and then inside for lunch, nap and then back outside we go until pick up. I've even had our afternoon snack outside, kids get a kick out of it. We've played at the park, made bubbles, played games, drew with chalk, slides. This Wednesday I hurt my ankle really bad and couldn’t walk on it, so we stayed in most of the day yesterday and today. But i asked my mother to come help me out so we brought the kids out after nap. I'm looking forward to all the cool outdoor activities I find on here. It feels so good to be outdoors in the sun for a change. Loving it.

5 Little Monkeys
05-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Today was gorgeous!!! We spent quite a bit of time outdoors today....had morning and afternoon snack outside. I even got a little sunburnt on my face!

Enjoy the weekend everyone...I hope you all have great weather! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!

Polkaroo
05-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks 5LM! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)