PDA

View Full Version : Contract and Tips on 1 day daycare

CdnCoal
05-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Hello,

I'm starting up a daycare only 1 day a week and am unsure of how to go about writing a contract when it's not the typical full-time scenario. I don't want to work without any paperwork in place though. Any tips on this kind of situation? All the parents I'm interviewing are aware that a new contract will be implemented if I go full-time in 5 months when my current job finishes.

Thanks for any tips on part-time daycare :)

Momof4
05-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I have a 3 day/week minimum to protect my income and so that the child integrates into the daycare routines so everyone is happy. I also charge $3 more per day for part-time.

5 Little Monkeys
05-21-2014, 07:40 AM
So you are opening for 1 day a week and than possibly full time in 5 months?

Other than the number issues, I would prepare the contract the same as a full time one. Than when/if you go to full time you can just change the number of days open and the areas that pertain to that but still have the same rules and policies.

I'm not sure where you are but if you are limited to numbers, I would strongly suggest to stay away from part time dc. If you go to ft, will the current kids at one day/week be going to full time or will you have to find kids who only need 4 days/week? I started off taking part time to fill my spaces and now regret it. It is hard to find 2 children who can work off each other's schedule EXACTLY and than when one leaves, you have to find a family who needs the exact days of the previous pt family. It's annoying! Right now I am full every day but with 3 pt and 2 ft, it is going to be tricky to cut out the pt families unless I am willing to take a decrease in pay until all the pt families are gone and I can start filling with ft. (HOpe that makes sense!)

CdnCoal
05-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes 5 Little Monkeys, it'll be only 1 day for now (I work FT the other 4 outside the home) and then if it goes well, when my FT job ends, I'll open a FT daycare, so turning down people who want part-time care isn't really an option.

That makes sense, as a lot of it won't change regardless of the number of days I'm open.